Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > 4x4 Events > CO Summit - October 28-30

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Ok, this overlanding style event has changed quite a bit from it's announcement last Spring but it still sounds like a great time!  Looks like there will be some lodging options other than camping for those so inclined.  I attended two of their events last spring and they do a great job.  Here's the scoop straight from the Central Overland website:

"Okay, so I have reserved the Barn on the Buffalo for the group for the weekend. Everyone is able to arrive on Friday morning, and must be gone by mid-day Sunday. For those of you who participated in May's Rolling Rally, you already know this spot. It was chosen due to ease of access, convenient proximity to town, beautiful location, and access to both the Buffalo National River and the Ozark National Forest. The "Barn" does have two available kitchens, two available showers and sleeping for about a dozen or so. If you'd like a bed, please make your presence known below asap.

The concept is simple: low-key and flexible. Evenings are spent together at the Barn site, with everyone getting to know one another and slobbering over each other's rides. Days are spent out playing, and are "led" by members of the crowd. I have provided Mike with a number of routes and points-of-interest for the area, and I know that he'll be leading a couple of groups during the weekend. It's a chance for folks to venture out and explore the area freely, without being tethered to a particular group or timeline. Maybe you'd like to find a place to hike or bike; maybe technical trails are your thing; water crossings are everywhere; or maybe, you'd like to do some antiquing or local dining. Whatever you want, just grab you map, ask other attendees for thoughts--or to join you--and head off. Just make sure to share your day's story around the campfire back at the Barn."

October 7, 2011 at 2:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

daveoffroad
Limited Member

Man I so want to be there do that...........   But we will be in route to SEMA on the 29th-30th..  :(

--

David Austin

http://www.c4x4.com/

http://freegift.net/

October 13, 2011 at 5:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

My wife and I will be there Friday after I get off work!

--

95 Chevy Tahoe 2 door, 6.5L turbodiesel, 285/75R16 Kenda Klever M/T's on Toyota steelies, some other goodies.  Overlanding Fun

October 13, 2011 at 9:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Casey and I enjoyed the CO Summit last weekend.  I posted some pictures in the Photo Gallery.

November 1, 2011 at 9:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

NWA_WJ
Looks like it was fun. I would have liked to have made this event, but I still have yet to fix my 4wd. Randy, are those new tires I see on your rig? Did you go with the Treadwright guard dog m/t's? I have been considering those or warden a/t.
--

2001 WJ, 4.7L V8, 3" Iron Rock Offroad lift, 17" JK Moab wheels, 32" BFG M/T KM's, Detroit TrueTrac LSD front, Spartan locker rear

November 1, 2011 at 11:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

March Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Saturday, Apr 19 All Day
Saturday, Apr 19 at 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Sunday, Apr 20 All Day