Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > Modifications > What was done to our rigs 2009-2010

stano
Limited Member

On Saturday I took her out and stretched her legs,  blew the cob webs out,  none of that cawlin' stuff.  she liked the fresh air.

--

1990 YJ......... almost stock

April 27, 2009 at 9:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CW4x4Him
Limited Member

I also flogged mine and mashed it to the floor a few times. :D

--

"Its life or death now. Make your choice.  Who's side are you on?"

April 27, 2009 at 9:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

collinsbronco
Limited Member

move it over to mow around!!!!

April 29, 2009 at 12:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

CW4x4Him
Limited Member

Trailfrog at 11:06PM on Apr 28, 2009

Bo got my rear locker installed, rockcrusher rear diff cover and Warn front diff guard!  WoooHooo!

Great....now you are really going to embarrass us.... well at least me.  :roll::tongue:

("look at that guy in the green Jeep... he's doing stuff that Toyota can't even do") :lol:

--

"Its life or death now. Make your choice.  Who's side are you on?"

April 29, 2009 at 8:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

CW4x4Him
Limited Member

We may all do some of that at good 'ol, unfamiliar, SMORR.  :D

April 29, 2009 at 10:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Allen
Limited Member

I just hooked up my tranny cooler lines and pulled the top off.  I beat it around in the field and found more problems.

--

91 YJ, AMC 360, 33"x13.50" Swamper LTBs, QuadraJunk Trans Case, SOA lift, 4.5" lift springs,  4.88 gears, Spartan locker up front, 8.8 with discs in the rear, Rock Solid Fab Rock Rails

-Allen C Wendling

April 30, 2009 at 10:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Allen
Limited Member

I am trying...every time I take it for a spin I find many more problems....I want to take it out with some people who go Jeeping so I can see how they modify things.  I currently have an issue with over heating now.  It over heats only when easing around...aka the time a Jeep is fun.....I cruise it down the road and it runs at a normal temp.....I am hoping either I do not have a thermostat or my fan is spinning in the wrong direction.  It has an electric fan that is the size of the radiator, so there should be no excuse for it not staying cool.

April 30, 2009 at 11:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

CW4x4Him
Limited Member

Yep, sounds like thermostat problem or failed waterpump.  Don't know what else it could be since it is staying cool with air flow.

April 30, 2009 at 12:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

rocklizard
Limited Member

Allen at 11:36AM on Apr 30, 2009

I am trying...every time I take it for a spin I find many more problems....I want to take it out with some people who go Jeeping so I can see how they modify things.  I currently have an issue with over heating now.  It over heats only when easing around...aka the time a Jeep is fun.....I cruise it down the road and it runs at a normal temp.....I am hoping either I do not have a thermostat or my fan is spinning in the wrong direction.  It has an electric fan that is the size of the radiator, so there should be no excuse for it not staying cool.

Hey man sounds to me like your clutch on your clutch fan has gone out. Just thought id put in my 2 cents.

--

Bo's Custom Paint and Rides

May 7, 2009 at 1:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

BONE
Limited Member

Bo is finishing up my rear tire carrier bumper.  I got a sneak preview tonight.  Looks great.  I can't wait to see the finished product.  Looking forward to showing it off at the Eureka Springs Jeep Weekend!

May 7, 2009 at 1:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

rocklizard
Limited Member

Well lets see, I pulled a NP231 out of a '95 cherokee and tore it down, then I tore down a 231HD out of a chevy and took the HD chain and gears out and installed them and a slip yoke eliminator kit in my Jeep 231 case. Next I pulled the NP242 out of my cherokee and put in my freshly built NP231HD! Cool! And as we all know you have to have a longer rear driveshaft when you install a SYE kit. So i went through my spare parts rigs and did some measuring and found that a cherokee front driveshaft with a double cardan joint has the same size u-joints as the SYE yoke and my 8.8 rear drive flange. Rock on! So i saved $200 and made my own driveshaft out of a cherokee front shaft. Another nice thing about it is I only have to carry one spare driveshaft and it will fit the front or rear. Pimp! With that checked off my before SMORR list I then took some sheet aluminum and made a box for my cold air intake setup I made for my Cherokee. That was pretty easy. I checked my to do list and charging the A/C was another item needing done so I got out my A/C evac/charge machine and got busy. Then bout fifteen minutes later I had my jeep feeling like a deep freeze inside! Thats how you keep the wife happy while wheeling in the heat. Next up is finishing up the body work on my cherokee and layin down some cool colors and designs. But I had to do a payin job so now im building a custom rear bumper with swing open tire carrier for Bone's new JK. Its coming along nicely. I cant wait til SMORR!!!!

--

Bo's Custom Paint and Rides

May 7, 2009 at 1:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

CW4x4Him
Limited Member

rocklizard at 01:13AM on May 07, 2009

Allen at 11:36AM on Apr 30, 2009

Hey man sounds to me like your clutch on your clutch fan has gone out. Just thought id put in my 2 cents.

There's a fan clutch on an electric fan???

May 7, 2009 at 9:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

rocklizard
Limited Member

My bad! I didn't know he had an electric fan!

May 7, 2009 at 9:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mayonnaise
Limited Member

Couple of weeks ago I bit the bullet and got new tires. Ouch!!. They better last a while. This week I replaced the driver's side motor mount and welded the exhaust manifold back together. She runs a bit quieter now!!

May 7, 2009 at 3:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

I replaced the TPS and cleaned some corroded wires at the PCM.  Did you guys notice at the 4x4 games how sometimes my engine would sputter and stall?  It had gotten worse since then, and finally flashed a CEL and some codes.  Now it's running much better!

Casey

--

95 Chevy Tahoe 2 door, 6.5L turbodiesel, 285/75R16 Kenda Klever M/T's on Toyota steelies, some other goodies.  Overlanding Fun

May 9, 2009 at 11:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

stano
Limited Member

I was wondering...you would have finished in the money if all the squirrels had been in action. :D (I'm the only one that can make a wise crack about the 4 cyl since I own one.)

--

May 10, 2009 at 6:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

stano at 06:22PM on May 10, 2009

I was wondering...you would have finished in the money if all the squirrels had been in action. :D (I'm the only one that can make a wise crack about the 4 cyl since I own one.)

Yeah, when you only have 4 squirrels to start with, you REALLY don't want any of them to take a nap on ya!

Casey

--

95 Chevy Tahoe 2 door, 6.5L turbodiesel, 285/75R16 Kenda Klever M/T's on Toyota steelies, some other goodies.  Overlanding Fun

May 10, 2009 at 10:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

stano
Limited Member

Sweet TF.  I took my starter BABK off again and took it to the shop to hopefully get fixed right.  Other that that, I'm ready for smorr.

--

May 11, 2009 at 11:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

My lift kit is here!  I should be able to find time to get installed before SMORR.

Casey

--

May 12, 2009 at 10:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mayonnaise
Limited Member

New yoke, u-joint, and wheel spacers. I am a little sad; the vibration from the old u-joint/yoke made for a nice massage while driving. It is nice to be able to crank the wheel all the way without rubbing the long arms.

May 16, 2009 at 11:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

This topic is closed, no additional posts are allowed.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

April Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Thursday Apr 24 - Sunday Apr 27
Thursday May 1 - Monday May 5
Thursday May 8 - Saturday May 10