Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > Modifications > What was done to our rigs 2009-2010

854runner
Limited Member

i got my new rear bumper built and installed today. now all i have left is my sliders. the 4 runner has come a long way in a year....  from a burnt junker to a driver. 

May 16, 2009 at 11:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

daveoffroad
Limited Member

Well, I must confess that I think I need to seek counciling.  With about 8 projects sitting on the side lines I done went and messed up.  I went by a wrecker service auction Saturday and bought a real nice wreck......:ohmy:  Yep, thats what my wife thought also. 

Its a 93 YJ with a new soft top, new paint, winch, 6 cyl auto tranny  good 33" tires on aluminum wheels and the left front fender knocked in.  Now the rest of the story.  the front stablizer on the driver side is broken and both sets of rear leaf springs are busted and almost knocked the rear axle out from under it.  I don't know how it escaped any other real body damage, but anything else in minor.  I do have all of the suspension parts and rear driveshaft that it needs.  If there are no surprizes it should be a pretty easy fix.  I hope to slip it ahead of some of the others if my wife don't notice.:tongue:

I go and pick it up Wed or Thursday.  They seemed to want my check to clear before they would release it.  I will post up some pictures as soon as I pick the little sweetie up.

--

David Austin

http://www.c4x4.com/

http://freegift.net/

May 18, 2009 at 11:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

daveoffroad
Limited Member

Yes, but she knows its an illness:)

--

David Austin

May 18, 2009 at 11:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

stano
Limited Member

Trailfrog at 11:16AM on May 18, 2009

That sounds like what Stan has been looking for.  I can't believe you got eight projects sitting around!  You must have one understanding wife! 

close, but 97 and up w/ man. tranny.  just in case you find a smokin deal.  (like free... at this point)

--

1990 YJ......... almost stock

May 19, 2009 at 11:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

stano
Limited Member

well I actulally did it right before the trip but I got some new shoes for the yeep.  Pitbull rockers.........yeah I like em'

--

May 24, 2009 at 9:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

Yeah, those were sweet looking.  I forgot to look and see what size they were?

May 24, 2009 at 10:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CW4x4Him
Limited Member

33x13.50 I think

May 24, 2009 at 10:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

stano
Limited Member

CW4x4Him at 10:17PM on May 24, 2009

33x13.50 I think

yep. 

--

May 25, 2009 at 8:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

That's the same size I had on my ZJ, only they were Super Swamper TSL bias.  I had almost decided they were too wide, I seemed to float too much and and not get enough grip....or it could be they had too little tread left...I'm not for sure.

Casey

--

95 Chevy Tahoe 2 door, 6.5L turbodiesel, 285/75R16 Kenda Klever M/T's on Toyota steelies, some other goodies.  Overlanding Fun

May 25, 2009 at 9:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

collinsbronco
Limited Member

I moved mine again to mow around it. It actually started right up!!

May 27, 2009 at 11:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

collinsbronco
Limited Member

Stano got some new tires???!!!! Cool.

May 27, 2009 at 11:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

daveoffroad
Limited Member

Well, I got the front clip removed form the Suburban that I am parting so ready to pull the engine then the rear axle and it will be ready to slide on a trailer for the guy that is buying the body.  Then have R/R the starter on a little 4 banger YJ that has the bolt heads stripped off on the starter.  Then I am inching away at getting the new wrecked YJ in the shop so I can start playing with it......:)

--

David Austin

May 28, 2009 at 5:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

CW4x4Him
Limited Member

This is a "What have you NOT done to your rig this week?"

I still haven't washed off the SMORR mud.  I think it might be a permanant fixture on my once black Yota. :dry:

I repaired and painted a rear bumper for a lady at work over the weekend and then spent some time with my family... Soooo the poor Toy is sitting, neglected.  lol.

--

"Its life or death now. Make your choice.  Who's side are you on?"

June 2, 2009 at 2:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

daveoffroad
Limited Member

Well, I finally just finished replacing a starter on a stock YJ that I drive around locally a lot.  Does not sound like a big deal but I have been messing with this deal for 2 weeks.  Finding the original starter on this 93 YJ and the original poor style of bolts seized up and after sucessfully rounding the very small bolt heads off I began beating my head against the wall.  Time after time and attempt after attempt had failed.  Finally getting the outside one removed with an extractor kit I was delighted but then the inside still failed to give in. 

Finally last night after summoning Brad in to help, we welded 3/8 nut onto the bolt in the limited space we had available.  IT HELD and we finally got the inside bolt busted loose.

So after turning this 1 hour job into about 12 hours total we have conquered the challange.:D

--

David Austin

June 3, 2009 at 8:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

NightStalker
Limited Member

I love threads like this, they give me ideas on what to work on next.

Well, let's see.  This week was spent mostly on line ordering stuff. 

Things I ordered;

SUPER SWAMPER LTB - BIAS 35X12.50-15LT for Bowser my FSJ

ROCKHARD FR BUMPER W/VERTICAL HOOP for Rusty

ROCKHARD 3/4 D-RING X 2 for Rusty

SKYJACKER NITRO SHOCKS X 4 for Rusty

Rubicon Express 4.5 EXTREME DUTY LIFT KIT 82-86 CJ for Rusty

Then I realized I ordered the wrong year lift kit, so I called Quadratec.com and had them fix my mistake.  They were excelent to work with, they'll be getting more business from me in the future.

Now I have not placed this order yet, but I have my eye on a 6 inch lift for Bowser.  Rusty is my "Wheel for now" CJ, until something breaks, and Bowser is my 79 Cherokee Chief, winter project full on rock buggy to be.  She is also a doner for the D 44's for Rusty when I find a different TC and take a walk through the field at my father-in-law's looking to a 14 Bolt, 9 inch, or some D 60s.

As for actual hands on work.  Today  took of the front bumper, hoping my new one will be here in time to install.  I also fixed a flat, and did some degreasing.  All this after setting up our Hillbilly Hot Tub

June 9, 2009 at 5:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

WOW!  What better than a long day building your rig than to have a relaxing time in the hot tub!  Like it :D

June 9, 2009 at 9:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

NightStalker
Limited Member

I thought long and hard before buying the stock tank last year.  I have two grandchildren, 2 1/2 and 1 1/2, and I wanted to get them something to play in.  The little wader pools would be good for them, but no good for me and the Mrs.  Not to mention the short life expectancy for the cheaper choice.  I picked the tank up new for a pretty reasonable price and just added the filter system today.

The biggest drawback is it's not portable.

June 9, 2009 at 10:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

daveoffroad
Limited Member

Well, this is a little twist to this tread but we are sharing.  Son (Brad) had been redoing a bass boat the had bought last month.  While working on the fuel line he had a little spillage.  Afterwards he but the battary on slow charge.  A friendly gust of wind knocked down the cover and pulled the postive lead loose causing a spark which in turn found the gas fumes.  Here are some pics after the fire department left......:ohmy:

--

David Austin

June 10, 2009 at 6:01 AM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

I put two new tires on the rear.  If you recall, the sidewall was damaged on my right rear at SMORR, and I put a tube in it, but it didn't last long.  Apparrently the damaged tire and the style of the wheel was hard on the tube.  I didn't really want to buy two more 31's, but I couldn't afford a whole set of 33's.....so......

I was able to purchase some matching Wild Country RVT's...they seem to be pretty good aggressive tires that aren't bad on the highway either.

At least now I have 4 really good 31's, plus a full size matching spare!

Casey

--

95 Chevy Tahoe 2 door, 6.5L turbodiesel, 285/75R16 Kenda Klever M/T's on Toyota steelies, some other goodies.  Overlanding Fun

June 13, 2009 at 10:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

86 zuk
Limited Member

well I havent been on here in a while .but i got my beadlocks on and got some new seatsfor fathers day.and have some seat beltsand a set ofnew leafs for the fronton the way. get allthat put on andi will beready for the weekend of the 4

--

86 zuk exo cage 35's toyota axles chevey 2.8 v6

June 14, 2009 at 2:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

This topic is closed, no additional posts are allowed.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

March Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Sunday, Apr 20 All Day
Thursday Apr 24 - Sunday Apr 27
Thursday May 1 - Monday May 5