Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > Modifications > What was done to our rigs 2009-2010

BONE
Limited Member

Very true!  Aaron and his chainsaw made room for us on several occasions!  I can't wait to see what the Cherokee does when it gets a little more ground clearance.  I was pretty impressed with it.

--

BONE

2008 JK Wrangler

SkyJacker 4.5" full flex / SkyJacker Adj. Control Arms / Tatton driveshafts / 36x12.50 Super Swamper TSL Radials / 15x8 Eagles / Rock Solid Fab front bumper / Smittybilt XRC-8 winch / Hellas / Custom built rear bumper - tire carrier / Aussie Locker

www.project-jk.com

December 6, 2009 at 9:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

There's been several times I've been out and wished someone in the group had a chainsaw.  Don't know why we don't carry one more often.

December 6, 2009 at 9:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Allen
Limited Member

I haven't posted in a long time. I finally got my jeep half way going. I had to rewire the under hood fuse box and install a heater core. I then had a timing issue coupled with a fuel problem. I had timed it 10 degrees advanced and cleaned carb out with ether and carb cleaner. I had a race car driver teach me that trick. I then was not getting enough fuel so a new fuel pump went on this beast. The heater core I put in already has a hole. Not sure if it was because it was used or if my heater box has something tearing them up. I did drive it all day saturday and only had two problems. One overheat due to leaky heater core and other due to batterty went dead and my electric fan quit turning. Fixed that problem cAused by a loose belt. I hope to make another meeting soon. Have fun!

--

91 YJ, AMC 360, 33"x13.50" Swamper LTBs, QuadraJunk Trans Case, SOA lift, 4.5" lift springs,  4.88 gears, Spartan locker up front, 8.8 with discs in the rear, Rock Solid Fab Rock Rails

-Allen C Wendling

December 8, 2009 at 6:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

muddyredneck
Limited Member

matt an i changed his fuel pump in a subdivision in south fayettville today shortly after picking up some 33s

December 8, 2009 at 8:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Allen and Matt, ya'll need to get those rigs running so you can join us on the Buckhorn run on the 19th, then come to our club Christmas party.

December 8, 2009 at 8:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Allen
Limited Member

Where is buckhorn? I put some stop leak in it so I should be good. Tranny fluid leak involves pulling tranny and trans case. I put some Lucas in it and isn't as bad.

--

91 YJ, AMC 360, 33"x13.50" Swamper LTBs, QuadraJunk Trans Case, SOA lift, 4.5" lift springs,  4.88 gears, Spartan locker up front, 8.8 with discs in the rear, Rock Solid Fab Rock Rails

-Allen C Wendling

December 8, 2009 at 11:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

stano
Limited Member

Whipped out the new plasma and made new shackles for the hot rod tonite.  (since I broke one this w/e.  huh, who woulda thunk......you mean the engineers didn't mean for us to drive like this.....:wink: )  Factory shackles were stamped 1/8"ish.  So I thought to myself......1/4" would be better.....but 3/8" would be great:cool:.  Got to get some longer bolts now.  While I'm at it I think I'm going to put new bushings in the front to help w/ the high speed cornering.

--

1990 YJ......... almost stock

December 8, 2009 at 11:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Allen
Limited Member

stano at 11:44PM on Dec 08, 2009

Whipped out the new plasma and made new shackles for the hot rod tonite.  (since I broke one this w/e.  huh, who woulda thunk......you mean the engineers didn't mean for us to drive like this.....:wink: )  Factory shackles were stamped 1/8"ish.  So I thought to myself......1/4" would be better.....but 3/8" would be great:cool:.  Got to get some longer bolts now.  While I'm at it I think I'm going to put new bushings in the front to help w/ the high speed cornering.

Do you just use the factory ones As a pattern? I would like some that would give me an extra inch or two. I bet I just order a new set. That's cool you can fabricate your own. Prob lots cheaper and sounds alot stouter.

--

-Allen C Wendling

December 9, 2009 at 11:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Allen at 11:31PM on Dec 08, 2009

Where is buckhorn? I put some stop leak in it so I should be good. Tranny fluid leak involves pulling tranny and trans case. I put some Lucas in it and isn't as bad.

Buckhorn Trail head is about six miles south of the horse camp at Devil's Den off 220.

December 9, 2009 at 11:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

stano
Limited Member

Allen at 11:04PM on Dec 09, 2009

stano at 11:44PM on Dec 08, 2009

Do you just use the factory ones As a pattern? I would like some that would give me an extra inch or two. I bet I just order a new set. That's cool you can fabricate your own. Prob lots cheaper and sounds alot stouter.

Call me, I have a set i'd sell (cheap) for the front that I built a while back and could fab you a set to match for the rear.  I think they are 2" longer than stock.  479 790 7967  stan

--

December 10, 2009 at 12:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

stano
Limited Member

I took the old steering and knuckles off tonite,  Going to flip the tie rod and build a high steer arm for the pass. knuckle.  Hopefully no more bashin' the steering!!  New u joints in the axle shafts and new brake stuff, and new bushings in the springs.  I hope to get rid of that pesky half turn of play in the steering wheel!!  It's like driving a noodle!!

--

December 10, 2009 at 12:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

We Be Rockin'

35's ARE HERE!   ohboyohboyohboyohboy!!!!   Will try to mount them tonight.  Post up pictures if successful!!!!

--

December 10, 2009 at 3:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

stano
Limited Member

got the new knuckles mounted and reamed.  Reamed and changed the pitman arm.  cut dom for new tierod and drag link and tacked up the high steer arm.  won't get to wrok on it til next week now.

--

December 10, 2009 at 10:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

We Be Rockin'

Wheel mounting didn't go as smooth as hoped.  socket they sent cracked after three wheels.  Not promising.  Jeep will be parked for at least a couple of days as I await a new key socket..  RATS!!   They do look awesome, even sitting still.

--

December 10, 2009 at 11:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BONE
Limited Member

Pictures?

--

BONE

2008 JK Wrangler

SkyJacker 4.5" full flex / SkyJacker Adj. Control Arms / Tatton driveshafts / 36x12.50 Super Swamper TSL Radials / 15x8 Eagles / Rock Solid Fab front bumper / Smittybilt XRC-8 winch / Hellas / Custom built rear bumper - tire carrier / Aussie Locker

www.project-jk.com

December 11, 2009 at 12:28 AM Flag Quote & Reply

stano
Limited Member

Got the new dom steering threaded today and milled an axle shaft for snap rings. Now I just have to find time to reassemble. 

--

December 11, 2009 at 11:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

Stan, you going to make it the Buckhorn trail ride?

December 12, 2009 at 10:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

stano
Limited Member

I don't think I'll be bach together, but you never know. 

--

December 12, 2009 at 8:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

stano at 08:06PM on Dec 12, 2009

I don't think I'll be bach together, but you never know. 

"Bach together?"  Is that some kind of classical joke or something?

:D:tongue::dry:

December 12, 2009 at 8:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

vbtj
Limited Member

Lets see some pics Stano

--

Rock Solid Fabworks    479-414-1246

Specializing in one-off fabrication with in house CNC plasma cutting.

December 12, 2009 at 8:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

This topic is closed, no additional posts are allowed.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

April Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Thursday Apr 24 - Sunday Apr 27
Thursday May 1 - Monday May 5
Thursday May 8 - Saturday May 10