Forum Home > Modifications > What was done to our rigs 2009-2010

stano
Limited Member

maybe later, its all disassembled now.

--

1990 YJ......... almost stock

December 12, 2009 at 9:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

We Be Rockin'

35's are finally on.  Pics will be in album shortly.  Also got a near gear storage box, so I can get everything in one box and junk won't be bouncing around in the back.  Ordered windshield light mounting brackets and some new grab handles to Teresa can get up in our slightly taller rig.

--

December 14, 2009 at 10:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Nice wheels Larry, can't wait to see them Saturday, now you got me really wanting to get mine on!  Maybe by January sometime.

December 14, 2009 at 11:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CW4x4Him
Limited Member

Larry, I saw your rig downtown today.  It looks great with the new shoes!

--

"Its life or death now. Make your choice.  Who's side are you on?"

December 15, 2009 at 6:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

We Be Rockin'

Thanks Chris!   They kind of offset the rake on the 4 door.  I'm trying to figure out a low speed wobble in the steering wheel.  Checked out the front track bar bracket, rubs, front stablizer bar, nada.  going to rotate the tires tomorrow, then maybe have them rebalanced.

December 16, 2009 at 12:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

We Be Rockin'

This is not neccessarily what I've done to, but what I've done WITH my rig.  I'm proud to report that I passed a Prius today.  Had the mini-van motor wound up tight and got'er done!

--

December 18, 2009 at 1:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

We Be Rockin' at 01:36PM on Dec 18, 2009

This is not neccessarily what I've done to, but what I've done WITH my rig.  I'm proud to report that I passed a Prius today.  Had the mini-van motor wound up tight and got'er done!

:cool:

Right on!

Now if you feel like you're a bit underpowered with that 3.8L mini-van motor, try driving one of these rigs with the 2.5L 4 cylinder!  They do just fine off-roading at slow speeds, but man, the highway sure stinks!  You know you drive a 2.5L when you have to take wind speed and direction into account when planning how long a drive should take.

I was planning to drive down to Buckhorn, but since none of my other Jeeper friends are driving, I ended up loading it up on the trailer again.  It's much easier to drive the 100 miles or so when I can double the cylinders and almost triple the displacement!

Casey

--

95 Chevy Tahoe 2 door, 6.5L turbodiesel, 285/75R16 Kenda Klever M/T's on Toyota steelies, some other goodies.  Overlanding Fun

December 18, 2009 at 8:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Allen
Limited Member

arveetek at 08:45PM on Dec 18, 2009

We Be Rockin' at 01:36PM on Dec 18, 2009

:cool:

Right on!

Now if you feel like you're a bit underpowered with that 3.8L mini-van motor, try driving one of these rigs with the 2.5L 4 cylinder!  They do just fine off-roading at slow speeds, but man, the highway sure stinks!  You know you drive a 2.5L when you have to take wind speed and direction into account when planning how long a drive should take.

I was planning to drive down to Buckhorn, but since none of my other Jeeper friends are driving, I ended up loading it up on the trailer again.  It's much easier to drive the 100 miles or so when I can double the cylinders and almost triple the displacement!

Casey

Sure glad I don't drive my jeep anywhere but the woods. Of course power isn't the problem. Thewonderful shake it has makes it scary above 45 so your bang 4 cylinder is plenty for all mine will do. Swampers and no steering stablizer = bad idea.

--

91 YJ, AMC 360, 33"x13.50" Swamper LTBs, QuadraJunk Trans Case, SOA lift, 4.5" lift springs,  4.88 gears, Spartan locker up front, 8.8 with discs in the rear, Rock Solid Fab Rock Rails

-Allen C Wendling

December 18, 2009 at 9:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Aaron Womack
Limited Member

Just got done cutting the bottom 6" of the rear quarter panel off, planning on doing the rockers over the holidays and plate it all back in.  Should have much better clearance.

--

Aaron Womack 

1978 Jeep Cherokee, 360, TH400, QT (soon to be PT), Dana 44HD/Dana 60, 4.88's, Lincoln Locked Rear, Spartan Locker front, SOA/SF lift, 36" OZ's, recentered H1's, liberal fender trimming, 2x4" tubing rockers

2006 Dodge 2500 5.7 Hemi, 6" lift, 37" Nitto Mud Grapplers

December 20, 2009 at 11:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Aaron Womack
Limited Member

Just finished putting sliders on the rear quarters after cutting 6" off, building shackles for the front tomorrow (should get 2" of lift out of them) and flipping the rear shackle (should get 3" in back), and I bought all the steel for rock sliders on the rocker panels today as well.  Planning on cutting the rockers all the way to the bottom of the doors and running 2 x 4 tubing under the doors for rocksliders.

--

Aaron Womack 

1978 Jeep Cherokee, 360, TH400, QT (soon to be PT), Dana 44HD/Dana 60, 4.88's, Lincoln Locked Rear, Spartan Locker front, SOA/SF lift, 36" OZ's, recentered H1's, liberal fender trimming, 2x4" tubing rockers

December 23, 2009 at 8:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

All right Aaron, sounds like you're getting ready for some serious rock crawlin' ! 

December 23, 2009 at 9:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

We Be Rockin'

Hi Aaron, sounds like you are really making progress.  I think it's going to be a great righ.

--

December 24, 2009 at 1:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

We Be Rockin'

This weekend put on the Christmas presents.  new grab straps to give T something to get in with.  Clinometer to tell me when enough is not quite enough.  did you know a clinometer measures a body's location with respect to gravity?  I always thought it just told you how steep the hill is.  CB antenna will be here in a couple of days.  Midland Micro Mobile, 5 foot firestik in black.  Teraflex spare tire carrier mount and Procomm HD stainless spring should all be in place for this weekend's run to SMORR.

--

December 29, 2009 at 1:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

leftlanetruckin
Limited Member

Redid the rear brake lines from the calipers to the axle. They were solid lines, but one got hung on a rock and tore off! So I got a set of stock JK brake lines, which are all soft lines from the caliper, and redid the brakes. The soft lines make a sharp 90 Degree turn, sharper than you can get with solid lines.

All new fluid, so am good to go.

Changed the transfer case fluid (after break in period with the teralo gearset), oil and filter, and did a good grease job ready for SMORR! Now I need a new steering box, as my AGR box is leaking again and I am sick of messing with it. Cannot get the correct seals anywhere, and AGR say "send it back to us"! So I think I will get West Texas Offroad to rebuild an old box I have, and drill/port it for my hydro assist..........More money.

Martin

--

1998 XJ on 37's. JK Rubicon axles, hydro assist. 4:1 transfer case.

December 29, 2009 at 8:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Aaron Womack
Limited Member

Finished the homemade lift yesterday, cut off rear shock mounts and moved them to the back of the axle instead of hanging down below it, fixed the heater/blower motor (Momma likes that), removed a nest of electrical and speaker wires under the dash that didn't go to anything, crossed my fingers and hoped it would start after removing a nest of wires that didn't seem to go to anything, finished welding in the rear wheel wells after sawzalling them, have to fix the rear taillight today after sawzalling the wires to it(I seem to have an addiction to my sawzall and grinder, once I get started I just can't seem to stop), removed the swaybar links to make disconnects(not done yet though), and just dropped it off at the muffler shop to have new exhaust run.  Didn't get to the rear bumper or rocker guards this week, but hopefully by the next trip.  See you at Cass on Saturday!

--

Aaron Womack 

December 31, 2009 at 11:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

Powerwashed all the mud off from last trip out (brrrrr!!!), and then removed my alternator and disassembled it to clean out all the mud.  Note to self: don't be so tempted by those deep mud pits in the future....you're alternator doesn't like it!  On a brighter note, I did become more familiar with the inner workings of my alternator, and it actually charges now!

Casey

--

95 Chevy Tahoe 2 door, 6.5L turbodiesel, 285/75R16 Kenda Klever M/T's on Toyota steelies, some other goodies.  Overlanding Fun

December 31, 2009 at 11:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Lefty
Limited Member

arveetek at 11:25PM on Dec 31, 2009

Powerwashed all the mud off from last trip out (brrrrr!!!), and then removed my alternator and disassembled it to clean out all the mud.  Note to self: don't be so tempted by those deep mud pits in the future....you're alternator doesn't like it!  On a brighter note, I did become more familiar with the inner workings of my alternator, and it actually charges now!

Casey

I have been lucky with mine alternator so far and it has not stopped working again.  (Knock on wood)

January 1, 2010 at 12:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Allen
Limited Member

Unloaded Jeep off trailer and washed it off.

--

91 YJ, AMC 360, 33"x13.50" Swamper LTBs, QuadraJunk Trans Case, SOA lift, 4.5" lift springs,  4.88 gears, Spartan locker up front, 8.8 with discs in the rear, Rock Solid Fab Rock Rails

-Allen C Wendling

January 1, 2010 at 2:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Allen
Limited Member

Had to get the antifreeze to a safe working level in the ol jeep. Hate to create more work by letting block freeze.

--

-Allen C Wendling

January 6, 2010 at 10:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

We Be Rockin'

Added Smittybilt windshield mounted light bracks and Kragen HID lights.  Still got to get them wired and I'm not super pleased with the positioning of the lights so I may add some extensions brackets.  I'll post pics in my garage in the next day or two.

--

January 10, 2010 at 1:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

This topic is closed, no additional posts are allowed.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

March Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Saturday, Apr 19 All Day
Saturday, Apr 19 at 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Sunday, Apr 20 All Day