Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > Modifications > What was done to our rigs 2009-2010

We Be Rockin'

Hopefully the JK Death Wobble is a thing of the past.  Spent about 4 hours last night putting on the JKS front track bar bracket.  Failed to take step by step photo's but will post up finished product in garage this weekend.  

Product looks bizarre but is extremely heavy duty, and very well designed.  Has numerous weld points, and both wraps around and extends about half way across the front axle.  I could tell an immediate improvement in driveability. 

January 21, 2010 at 11:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

BONE
Limited Member

I started the first steps of cutting my stock JK fenders.  I'm tired of those monster flares, so I'm going to cut them into some homemade flats.  Pulled the inner fender wells out last night.  All I got to do now is mask them off and start cutting. 

--

BONE

2008 JK Wrangler

SkyJacker 4.5" full flex / SkyJacker Adj. Control Arms / Tatton driveshafts / 36x12.50 Super Swamper TSL Radials / 15x8 Eagles / Rock Solid Fab front bumper / Smittybilt XRC-8 winch / Hellas / Custom built rear bumper - tire carrier / Aussie Locker

www.project-jk.com

January 21, 2010 at 2:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

adkins4x4
Limited Member

I can post with my Iphone

January 21, 2010 at 7:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

daveoffroad
Limited Member

This is just a quick update on the Brad Austin "Blue Beast 3 Build"  If you are not aware this is a XRRA style buggy.  Right after the Big Meat run last year a guy walked up and bought Brad's former Blue Beast 2.  We have been in a serious build mode since.  Despite a couple od delays for back ordered parts it is getting close.  We started it for the first time last night.  We will be taking it on a test run in Feb. and debuteing it at the Big Meat Run in March.  We still lack the sheet metal on the sides and cutting down the hood and core support, but it is coming to gather nicely now.   Maybe I can have some flex pics by the first of the week.

--

David Austin

http://www.c4x4.com/

http://freegift.net/

January 22, 2010 at 5:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

I finally washed the mud off my Jeep from the New Year's run to SMORR....haven't had time (or good weather) to do much else.  I still need to pull the drag link off and see if I can straighten it.

--

95 Chevy Tahoe 2 door, 6.5L turbodiesel, 285/75R16 Kenda Klever M/T's on Toyota steelies, some other goodies.  Overlanding Fun

January 22, 2010 at 11:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

Today I had enough time to straighten the drag link.  I was able to heat it up with a torch, and then use a floor jack to push it back into line; didn't have to remove it.  I then re-adjusted the toe-in, and centered the steering wheel.  The Jeep drives straight and tracks quite nicely again!

--

95 Chevy Tahoe 2 door, 6.5L turbodiesel, 285/75R16 Kenda Klever M/T's on Toyota steelies, some other goodies.  Overlanding Fun

January 23, 2010 at 8:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

I got my new wheels yesterday and got my new 35's mounted and installed today!  WoooHoo!,   Now I can break stuff faster  :ohmy:

January 23, 2010 at 9:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

stano
Limited Member

Trailfrog at 09:30PM on Jan 23, 2010

I got my new wheels yesterday and got my new 35's mounted and installed today!  WoooHoo!,   Now I can break stuff faster  :ohmy:

Pics........

--

1990 YJ......... almost stock

January 23, 2010 at 10:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

stano
Limited Member

I started to re do the steering (again:roll:) this evening. 

--

1990 YJ......... almost stock

January 23, 2010 at 10:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Trailfrog at 09:30PM on Jan 23, 2010

January 24, 2010 at 5:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

Randy, I've got one word for you man:

SWEET!!!!!!!

That's just awesome man.

:cool:

Casey

January 24, 2010 at 5:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arjeepin
Limited Member

VERY NICE :cool:

--

1990 YJ........arjeepin on rockwells

January 24, 2010 at 8:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Allen
Limited Member

Looks good. What kinda tires are those?

--

91 YJ, AMC 360, 33"x13.50" Swamper LTBs, QuadraJunk Trans Case, SOA lift, 4.5" lift springs,  4.88 gears, Spartan locker up front, 8.8 with discs in the rear, Rock Solid Fab Rock Rails

-Allen C Wendling

January 24, 2010 at 10:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

They're 35's Procomp Xtreme Mud Terrains.  I got a good deal on them, they only had about 100 miles on them and the guy decided to go to 37's.

January 24, 2010 at 11:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Allen
Limited Member

Nice. They looked knobby just couldn't tell what they were.

--

91 YJ, AMC 360, 33"x13.50" Swamper LTBs, QuadraJunk Trans Case, SOA lift, 4.5" lift springs,  4.88 gears, Spartan locker up front, 8.8 with discs in the rear, Rock Solid Fab Rock Rails

-Allen C Wendling

January 24, 2010 at 11:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BONE
Limited Member

I finished my cutting my rear fenders into flats tonight.  I'll be tackling the fronts this week.  Randy, the tires look great.

--

BONE

2008 JK Wrangler

SkyJacker 4.5" full flex / SkyJacker Adj. Control Arms / Tatton driveshafts / 36x12.50 Super Swamper TSL Radials / 15x8 Eagles / Rock Solid Fab front bumper / Smittybilt XRC-8 winch / Hellas / Custom built rear bumper - tire carrier / Aussie Locker

www.project-jk.com

January 25, 2010 at 1:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Marv
Limited Member

Got the new transmission crossmember built, yanked the motor, mock-up trans and tcase back out, plated the rt front framerail, got the left front framerail 75% plated... now it's time to bring the engine back to my home garage and set it on the engine stand for some fresh seal and paint, and time to buy some rod ends, misalignment spacers, and tube inserts for the rear four link.. hope to tackle it later this week or maybe next weekend...

The new wheels and tires look great Randy!

January 25, 2010 at 7:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

86 zuk
Limited Member

I played in it a little had to try it!

--

86 zuk exo cage 35's toyota axles chevey 2.8 v6

January 25, 2010 at 9:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

arjeepin
Limited Member

That cold air last night sucked the air out of my front tires, so I aired them up this afternoon.  sure is nice to only have tire inflation to do to it.  I  also let it run for about 30 minutes .

Looks like we are gonna get some ice and snow later in the week. :D I know most people don't like it but I'm still a kid (at heart) and still love the snow.

--

1990 YJ........arjeepin on rockwells

January 25, 2010 at 6:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

daveoffroad
Limited Member

Well it finally got here.  The first drive on the new Buggy that we have been building.   After Brad sold the Blue Beast 2 right after last years Big Meat Run it has been none stop except for a couple of part delays.  Well last night in the snow he took it around the yard a couple of time.  Just could not wait any longer when we had it fired.  You can check in out from start to end.  http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=806209&page=14

--

David Austin

http://www.c4x4.com/

http://freegift.net/

January 30, 2010 at 10:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

This topic is closed, no additional posts are allowed.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

March Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Thursday, Apr 17 at 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Saturday, Apr 19 All Day
Saturday, Apr 19 at 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM