Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > Modifications > What was done to our rigs 2009-2010

BONE
Limited Member

I finally found some time today to tackle my front fenders.  New flat JK fenders.  Not bad for free, but still plastic.  They will do until I can save some dough for some steel flats.

--

BONE

2008 JK Wrangler

SkyJacker 4.5" full flex / SkyJacker Adj. Control Arms / Tatton driveshafts / 36x12.50 Super Swamper TSL Radials / 15x8 Eagles / Rock Solid Fab front bumper / Smittybilt XRC-8 winch / Hellas / Custom built rear bumper - tire carrier / Aussie Locker

www.project-jk.com

January 31, 2010 at 1:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

I installed some new shock absorbers this weekend.  My lift kit came from Rough Country with their new Performance 2.2 Series shocks, but I always thought that the ride on the highway was way too firm and rough.  Everyone kept telling me that I shouldn't be complaining, that I was expecting too much out of a lifted Jeep.

Well, I decided to spring for some new Skyjacker Hydro 7000's.  I had used them on my ZJ, and really liked them.  Let me tell you, what a world of difference!  The Skyjackers are more like an OEM shock, in that they provide resistance when extending, but none when compressing.  This allows the springs to compress and do their job.

The RC shocks provided resistance in both directions, which translated into a firmer, stiffer sports car-like ride.  I din't like it.  I like the softer ride that the Skyjackers give me.

Some will argue that I stepped down in quality.  I will agree that the 2.2 shocks are massive and very high quality, but I just didn't like the ride they gave me.  To each his own, I guess, but I'm pretty happy I swapped.

Casey

--

95 Chevy Tahoe 2 door, 6.5L turbodiesel, 285/75R16 Kenda Klever M/T's on Toyota steelies, some other goodies.  Overlanding Fun

February 14, 2010 at 10:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

stano
Limited Member

took mine out for some fresh air and rocks....big ones.:cool:

--

1990 YJ......... almost stock

February 14, 2010 at 10:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Allen
Limited Member

I bead blasted and primered the new shackles for my jeep. Gotta paint em and install them and the lift springs. Hopefully will be able to clear 36s afterwards.

--

91 YJ, AMC 360, 33"x13.50" Swamper LTBs, QuadraJunk Trans Case, SOA lift, 4.5" lift springs,  4.88 gears, Spartan locker up front, 8.8 with discs in the rear, Rock Solid Fab Rock Rails

-Allen C Wendling

February 15, 2010 at 12:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

oiw
Limited Member

Finished up my back bumper & Swing arm, looks pretty good But still not running.But she looks good just setting there.

February 15, 2010 at 6:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BONE
Limited Member

Dropped my new front bumper off to be powder coated.  Hope to get that and my winch back on this week.

--

BONE

2008 JK Wrangler

SkyJacker 4.5" full flex / SkyJacker Adj. Control Arms / Tatton driveshafts / 36x12.50 Super Swamper TSL Radials / 15x8 Eagles / Rock Solid Fab front bumper / Smittybilt XRC-8 winch / Hellas / Custom built rear bumper - tire carrier / Aussie Locker

www.project-jk.com

February 17, 2010 at 11:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

JBGPIN
Limited Member

Last thing I did was put in some locker bypass switches on my 03 rubicon...next on the list is a poison spider addition to my cage...

February 17, 2010 at 11:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

vbtj
Limited Member

JBGPIN at 11:08PM on Feb 17, 2010

Last thing I did was put in some locker bypass switches on my 03 rubicon...next on the list is a poison spider addition to my cage...

Check on here after next weekend I am doing a cage for a guy and am using the Poison Spyder A-Pillar plates that bolt to the door/dash area.   I am pretty well copying the Poison Spyder cage but he is going with ERW tube instead of DOM to save money.   You ought to give me a call when your ready and I'll give you a quote.

--

Rock Solid Fabworks    479-414-1246

Specializing in one-off fabrication with in house CNC plasma cutting.

February 17, 2010 at 11:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

daveoffroad
Limited Member

Well we dropped the transfer case on the DragonFly last night.  It has a stripped bolt and is leaking.  We wil be drilling and setting a heliocore (sp) and replacing the bolt.  Gotta make Nana happy, cause if Nana ain't happy, AIN"T NOBODY HAPPY!!!!!

--

David Austin

http://www.c4x4.com/

http://freegift.net/

February 20, 2010 at 7:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

JBGPIN
Limited Member

vbtj at 11:44PM on Feb 17, 2010

Check on here after next weekend I am doing a cage for a guy and am using the Poison Spyder A-Pillar plates that bolt to the door/dash area.   I am pretty well copying the Poison Spyder cage but he is going with ERW tube instead of DOM to save money.   You ought to give me a call when your ready and I'll give you a quote.

I wish I could take you up on that...but I had already purchased the poison spider cage addition...going to put it in...in a couple weeks...Thanks for the offer...I was wondering what else you fab...maybe a rear bumper with a stinger like the one that Gen-Right makes...:)

February 23, 2010 at 2:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

vbtj
Limited Member

Cut off the radius arm stuff on my front axle and  change it to a 3-link set up.  THe thing drives a ton better on the street so I can't wait to test it on the trail.

--

February 23, 2010 at 4:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

vbtj
Limited Member

JBGPIN at 02:48PM on Feb 23, 2010

vbtj at 11:44PM on Feb 17, 2010

I wish I could take you up on that...but I had already purchased the poison spider cage addition...going to put it in...in a couple weeks...Thanks for the offer...I was wondering what else you fab...maybe a rear bumper with a stinger like the one that Gen-Right makes...:)

I can fab anything you want.  Yeah I could make that style rear tire carrier and will also save you a lot of money.

--

February 23, 2010 at 4:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Allen
Limited Member

Bought a new soft top for my Jeep and put it on.  Fixed the tranny leak and painted some shackles.  Hoping to put the shackles on next week and a set of lift springs.  All that is left after that to offroad the beast is put a new  rear axle under it.!

--

91 YJ, AMC 360, 33"x13.50" Swamper LTBs, QuadraJunk Trans Case, SOA lift, 4.5" lift springs,  4.88 gears, Spartan locker up front, 8.8 with discs in the rear, Rock Solid Fab Rock Rails

-Allen C Wendling

March 7, 2010 at 10:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

collinsbronco
Limited Member

Yesterday I took off the lower control arms, sway bar, track bar, shocks, and coils to make place for some new stuff. This afternoon I cleaned and painted the rest of the front axle. I shouls finish the front this week and start on the rear hopefully Saturday.  That will include a rear leaf spring rebuild, Advance Adapters SYE, Tom Woods driveshaft and skid plate...I will have pictures soon.

--

2000 XJ Sport, 4 1/2 lift,Dana 30, 8.25 rear, NP231,STANO front bumper, rear bumper in progress, TJ Moab wheels, ZJ V8 steering. In the process of front hoop, tires, fender trimming.

WANTED

**ZJ rear gas tank skid, KJ Liberty rear disc brakes**

March 7, 2010 at 10:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

I installed a steering stabilizer relocation bracket and new steering stabilizer on mine.  My old steering stabilizer was pretty banged up!  Don't know how that happened :roll: 

March 7, 2010 at 10:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

daveoffroad
Limited Member

Just had Matt ad a little icing to the cake on the BB3 project to have it ready for the big Meat Run....

--

David Austin

http://www.c4x4.com/

http://freegift.net/

March 8, 2010 at 5:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

I took the top off the Jeep and took the family for a Sunday afternoon drive!!  It was a beautiful weekend.

Casey

--

95 Chevy Tahoe 2 door, 6.5L turbodiesel, 285/75R16 Kenda Klever M/T's on Toyota steelies, some other goodies.  Overlanding Fun

March 8, 2010 at 9:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

BONE
Limited Member

Trailfrog at 10:50PM on Mar 07, 2010

I installed a steering stabilizer relocation bracket and new steering stabilizer on mine.  My old steering stabilizer was pretty banged up!  Don't know how that happened :roll: 

what bracket did you use?

--

BONE

2008 JK Wrangler

www.project-jk.com

March 8, 2010 at 11:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Captain_Morgan
Limited Member

I noticed last night about 10 PM that my heep (I mean Jeep) was marking it's territory in the gay-rage.  So I pulled out the allen wrench and checked to see if the bolt were tight on the diff covers, and wouldn't you know they weren't, even with lock washers.  So after five minutes on my back......no more leaky.  I did notice that the allen bolts like to get ground down on the bottom of the diff, front and back.  You would think for the money "solid" diff covers wouldn't leak.  A guy should just be able to silicone and stick, with no bolts.  :D

Oh yeah I also noticed on the last trip my tranny lines were leaking a little too, so I tightened them up too.  Problem solved!

--

1981 CJ-7, 44's, Locked F/R, 4.56, Stretched on Beadlocked 37"s.

March 8, 2010 at 5:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Aaron Womack
Limited Member

Cut off factory rockers to the floorboards and built some rock sliders out of 2x4 .250 tubing with 1.5x1.5 x .188 braces into the frame.  Also installed some AAL's from a Fabtech Tacoma lift (cheap deal on a forum) but had to redrill them for pin location.  Still need to finish the other slider and relocate the rear axle (redrill pin location in top leaf).

--

Aaron Womack 

1978 Jeep Cherokee, 360, TH400, QT (soon to be PT), Dana 44HD/Dana 60, 4.88's, Lincoln Locked Rear, Spartan Locker front, SOA/SF lift, 36" OZ's, recentered H1's, liberal fender trimming, 2x4" tubing rockers

2006 Dodge 2500 5.7 Hemi, 6" lift, 37" Nitto Mud Grapplers

March 12, 2010 at 10:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

This topic is closed, no additional posts are allowed.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

March Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Saturday, Apr 19 All Day
Saturday, Apr 19 at 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Sunday, Apr 20 All Day