Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > Modifications > What was done to our rigs 2009-2010

Marv
Limited Member

Got the 360 cleaned up, painted.. Upgraded to a Ford TFI ignition to work with the GM TBI swap.. got the TBI mounted on a new Edelbrock Performer manifold.  Hopefully, today I'll be getting the Motor/Trans/Tcase all back in between the frame rails.  Just waiting on some rod ends/spacers/tube inserts to come in, so that I can get the rear four-link knocked out.  The D.O.M. for my links arrived yesterday from OnlineMetals.com (they were a little slow, but about 1/2 the cost of any of the places I could source d.o.m. in the sizes I was looking for around here.)

Need to get a shifter, trans kickdown cable, and a fuel cell ordered.. hopefully I can scrape enough extra $$$ up to get that done this week as well..

March 17, 2010 at 8:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Marv
Limited Member

Well, that didn't go exactly as planned.. was putting spark plugs in the motor and happened to shine a flashlight down the exhaust port on the #1 cylinder.. and found a visibly cracked valve.  pulled the head and sure enough, the exhaust valve on #1 had a large piece missing.. didn't do any damage to the cylinder or piston, so both heads are now at the machine shop for surfacing and a valve job..

I did, however get my rear axle set up for the fourlink.. just need to wire brush it off and paint it now.  Could have a rolling chassis again by the end of the weekend if all goes well!

March 19, 2010 at 2:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

86 zuk
Limited Member

I cut out part of my cage and change some bars to get some more head room. Here's a pic [IMG]http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt343/lawninc549/5ff35322.jpg[/IMG] and pulled the dash out to make my own for some more leg room not finshed yet .I will post up when iam done

--

86 zuk exo cage 35's toyota axles chevey 2.8 v6

March 21, 2010 at 12:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

86 zuk
Limited Member

Not sure why the pic is not working

--

86 zuk exo cage 35's toyota axles chevey 2.8 v6

March 21, 2010 at 12:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

collinsbronco
Limited Member

I started lifting the rear of the xj. Pulled shocks, sway bar, leaf springs out getting ready for the add-a-leaf. The front is 99% done...Need to relocate brake lines...next step, pull t-case and put sye on, install new driveshaft, and test drive!!!!

--

2000 XJ Sport, 4 1/2 lift,Dana 30, 8.25 rear, NP231,STANO front bumper, rear bumper in progress, TJ Moab wheels, ZJ V8 steering. In the process of front hoop, tires, fender trimming.

WANTED

**ZJ rear gas tank skid, KJ Liberty rear disc brakes**

March 21, 2010 at 12:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Allen
Limited Member

I have put  a set of 6" lift springs on the front.  Need to get the rear set installed and get the new rear end installed and I will be ready for some good times.  Just having difficulty with the extended brake lines at this point.

--

91 YJ, AMC 360, 33"x13.50" Swamper LTBs, QuadraJunk Trans Case, SOA lift, 4.5" lift springs,  4.88 gears, Spartan locker up front, 8.8 with discs in the rear, Rock Solid Fab Rock Rails

-Allen C Wendling

March 21, 2010 at 2:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

stano
Limited Member

I put the soft top away earlier in the week, then the snow came.......:roll:

--

1990 YJ......... almost stock

March 21, 2010 at 8:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

stano at 08:17PM on Mar 21, 2010

I put the soft top away earlier in the week, then the snow came.......:roll:

The snow is just temporary!!  It'll be 60 again in a day or two... :cool:

I haven't gotten much done, but I have a list of things to do:

1. Repair right front tire (got some minor slices from Disney last week)

2. Paint and install my new Rock Solid Fab light bar

3. Install my used Rock Solid Fab rocker guards

4. Install my new Rugged Ridge roll bar covers

5. Have some more fun!

Casey

--

95 Chevy Tahoe 2 door, 6.5L turbodiesel, 285/75R16 Kenda Klever M/T's on Toyota steelies, some other goodies.  Overlanding Fun

March 21, 2010 at 10:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Allen
Limited Member

I went to Springfield this weekend and bought an 8.8 for the rear. I have ordered brake lines, 8.8 conversion kit, and roll bar handles.

--

91 YJ, AMC 360, 33"x13.50" Swamper LTBs, QuadraJunk Trans Case, SOA lift, 4.5" lift springs,  4.88 gears, Spartan locker up front, 8.8 with discs in the rear, Rock Solid Fab Rock Rails

-Allen C Wendling

March 27, 2010 at 10:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

POWERD BY CHRIST
Limited Member

Nathan and Randy will be happy to know that I finally dropped my gas tank and replaced the sending unit.  Pretty much a mess of a job but at least I can tell how much fuel I have.....:D

March 27, 2010 at 10:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

collinsbronco
Limited Member

I got the rear of my xj lifted. Parts included:

longer brake line

new shocks

homemade upper bar pin eliminators

full length add a leaf

urethane bushings

longer bumpstops

Front lift included:

lower control arms

new 2 inch coils

sway bar disconnects

sway bar bushings

adjustable trac bar

new shocks

longer bumpstops

next step;

sye and driveshaft

--

2000 XJ Sport, 4 1/2 lift,Dana 30, 8.25 rear, NP231,STANO front bumper, rear bumper in progress, TJ Moab wheels, ZJ V8 steering. In the process of front hoop, tires, fender trimming.

WANTED

**ZJ rear gas tank skid, KJ Liberty rear disc brakes**

March 28, 2010 at 9:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mayonnaise
Limited Member

Been building some sliders/steps for a while - makes me appreciate the nice work I have seen some of you do (Justin, Bo, etc.), it is definitely harder than it looks . The sliders are all together and one side on, but I will have to wait till tomorrow to finish since one beam needs a little massaging with the hammer and I don't want to wake the neighbors. 

--

March 29, 2010 at 11:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Flexer

I worked on my daughter's Jeep... built some rocker guards similar to sun performance ones: http://sunperformance.com/?page_id=185 (scroll down a little).

I made it out of 3" schedule 40 pipe + some 3/16" flat... plasma cut the tube to 3/4 round and welded on the flats.  

On my Jeep, I've done a little work as well.  After the trip to Byrd's I've installed recessed tail lights and removed some of the trail bendage from the rear quarters.  

April 1, 2010 at 11:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Marv
Limited Member

Got the engine/trans/tcase installed this week.. Hopefully today I can finish up the rear 4-link... just have to cut and weld the upper control arms, and locate the coil perches on the frame...  

April 2, 2010 at 8:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mayonnaise
Limited Member

Trailfrog at 09:11AM on Mar 30, 2010

Nice work! 

Thanks, but you better get your glasses checked :D. All finished up and on the jeep now. They look ok from afar, but beware of the Big Ugly Gorilla welds from a closer distance! My first project with metal, so I learned a lot. If I get brave, I will stick the high lift under them and see if they hold.  

--

April 4, 2010 at 7:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

Sometime last week I installed the light bar that Justin made for, and I finally snapped some pics today:

Justin made it large enough to clear a winch when I finally get one.  When I do, I can relocate the lights to the top of the bar.

Perfect fit, Justin!  Thanks!

I've almost got the KC lights wired up.  I ran the main wires, installed a relay, and now just need to get a switch and a circuit breaker, and it will be all finished.

I need to relocate my front license plate, too.  It looks dorky behind the lights.  I guess I'll mount it on the bumper, but I know it'll get torn up there...

Casey

--

95 Chevy Tahoe 2 door, 6.5L turbodiesel, 285/75R16 Kenda Klever M/T's on Toyota steelies, some other goodies.  Overlanding Fun

April 4, 2010 at 10:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

Sometime last week I installed the light bar that Justin made for, and I finally snapped some pics today:

Justin made it large enough to clear a winch when I finally get one.  When I do, I can relocate the lights to the top of the bar.

Perfect fit, Justin!  Thanks!

I've almost got the KC lights wired up.  I ran the main wires, installed a relay, and now just need to get a switch and a circuit breaker, and it will be all finished.

I need to relocate the front license plate, too.  I'll probably mount it to the bumper, even though I'm sure it'll get torn up from the trails...

Casey

--

April 4, 2010 at 10:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BONE
Limited Member

Broke my front trac bar mount, almost died trying to get the Jeep stopped, and then took it to Aaron Womack's for a little welding.  All better now!

--

BONE

2008 JK Wrangler

SkyJacker 4.5" full flex / SkyJacker Adj. Control Arms / Tatton driveshafts / 36x12.50 Super Swamper TSL Radials / 15x8 Eagles / Rock Solid Fab front bumper / Smittybilt XRC-8 winch / Hellas / Custom built rear bumper - tire carrier / Aussie Locker

www.project-jk.com

April 5, 2010 at 10:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Green Hornet

Put my synthetic line and rollers on the winch after replacing the clutch assembly that I decided to break.  Bent and cut the peices to my back bumper I've been talking about forever - now just have to weld it together.  Waiting on the rear locker to come in the mail, already have Yukon 4.88s and the front ARB air locker in the garage waiting to be put in.  Installed the third brake light snake eyes in the spare holder and got the factory third brake light working, fuse, who knew?.

--

Green Hornet

April 5, 2010 at 9:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Allen
Limited Member

I prepped the 8.8 for installation. I have gotten my axle conversion kit from ruff stuff specialties and hope to weld it up this weekend. Drop pittman, extended hard brake line, and roll bar grab handles have come in the mail. I still need two spring bushings. I am unsure how low of gears a factory LSD 8.8 will hold. I found out my 8.8 has LSD. Not as good as a locker but it gives me some extra traction and extra cash to spend else where like maybe a front locker or winch.

--

-Allen C Wendling

April 7, 2010 at 12:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

This topic is closed, no additional posts are allowed.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

March Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Saturday, Apr 19 All Day
Saturday, Apr 19 at 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Sunday, Apr 20 All Day