Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > Parts Wanted > looking for a dana 30 locker

NWA_WJ

I decided to service my front axle and found a broken spider gear.  I don't really want to spend the money to replace the spider gear/gears since I would like to lock it.  So I am weighing my options as far as front traction devices go.  From what little research I have done shows that JK, TJ, WJ are all the same as far as differentials.  I want a selectable locker, but don't know if I can swing that by the wife.  :D  I am looking at selectable, automatic, and lunch box lockers.  Anyone who has experience with automatic lockers please chime in.  I am only running 32x10.50 and don't plan to run anything bigger than 33's.  My WJ is all time 4 wheel drive.  I drive it everyday and in all types of weather/road conditions and my wife drives it occasionally.  Let me know if you have anything or know anyone who does.  Thanks, and any input is appreciated.  

--

2001 WJ, 4.7L V8, 3" Iron Rock Offroad lift, 17" JK Moab wheels, 32" BFG M/T KM's, Detroit TrueTrac LSD front, Spartan locker rear

November 6, 2011 at 9:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hemi
Limited Member

Have you considered a Detroit True Trac LSD?

November 7, 2011 at 9:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

NWA_WJ
EDIT: my jeep IS NOT ALL TIME 4X4. I hadn't looked at the truetrac, but I am definitely considering one now.
--

2001 WJ, 4.7L V8, 3" Iron Rock Offroad lift, 17" JK Moab wheels, 32" BFG M/T KM's, Detroit TrueTrac LSD front, Spartan locker rear

November 7, 2011 at 11:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BONE
Limited Member

I have a D30 in the front of my Jk, and I can honestly say that installing the Aussie Locker has been the most beneficial thing I have done for off road performance.  It was only $300 and easy to install.  I don't even notice it on the road, but off road it's a completely different rig.  And, it's tough.  I've beat on it pretty hard with 36's and no issues.  Check out Northridge 4x4.  They carry a large selection.

--

BONE

2008 JK Wrangler

SkyJacker 4.5" full flex / SkyJacker Adj. Control Arms / Tatton driveshafts / 36x12.50 Super Swamper TSL Radials / 15x8 Eagles / Rock Solid Fab front bumper / Smittybilt XRC-8 winch / Hellas / Custom built rear bumper - tire carrier / Aussie Locker

www.project-jk.com

November 14, 2011 at 11:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

March Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Thursday Apr 24 - Sunday Apr 27
Thursday May 1 - Monday May 5
Thursday May 8 - Saturday May 10