Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > Modifications > Which lift kit?

arveetek

I've narrowed down my choices of lift kits to one of two Rough Country kits.

The first one is a 3.75" combo kit which includes a true 2.5" spring kit, and a 1.25" body lift:

TJ combo kit

I'm not a fan of body lifts, but with this kit, I know I'll be safe with my factory control arms and other drivetrain parts, and the body lift will aid with a tummy tuck later on.

The other choice is a 3.25" suspension kit, which includes the same 2.5" spring kit as well as a .75" spacer kit:

TJ suspension kit

This would net me a true 3.25" of suspension lift, but may be getting close to the limits of the factory control arms, trackbars, and driveline angles.  I want to retain a good driving Jeep on the street, and without upgrading to aftermarket control arms, this kit may be at the limit.

Both kits will clear 33's.  As always, a limited budget is a key factor, so that's why I'm limited to these two choices.

Any opinions?

--

95 Chevy Tahoe 2 door, 6.5L turbodiesel, 285/75R16 Kenda Klever M/T's on Toyota steelies, some other goodies.  Overlanding Fun

May 1, 2009 at 10:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Green Hornet

The Rough Country combo is the suspension and body lift that I have on the JK.  It is fairly easy for one person to put on and looks and functions great.  My springs were a little hard to compact when I installed the suspension lift, but not too bad.  I wasn't a fan of the body lift stuff either, but I'm going to make a custom rear bumper that covers up the visible back spacers so the front will be the only ones visible.  All others run along the underside and can't be seen.  All in all it is an easy way to get almost 4 inches for small cost.  The kit itself is just as good as the expensive versions.  Good luck, let me know if you need any help installing.

--

Green Hornet

May 3, 2009 at 10:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

vbtj
Limited Member

PM jayd67 about this.  He is my neighbor and he runs the Rough Country lift on his TJ.  I am running their rear springs and I will say they are a little on the soft side.

--

Rock Solid Fabworks    479-414-1246

Specializing in one-off fabrication with in house CNC plasma cutting.

May 3, 2009 at 11:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

After talking to several others who were very happy with theirs, I decided to go with the 3.25" suspension kit.  I figure I could always add a body lift if I needed to later on for the TT and skid plates.

Hopefully it will be here at the end of the week, so I can install it Saturday.  I should be all done before SMORR!

Casey

--

95 Chevy Tahoe 2 door, 6.5L turbodiesel, 285/75R16 Kenda Klever M/T's on Toyota steelies, some other goodies.  Overlanding Fun

May 4, 2009 at 11:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

March Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Sunday, Apr 20 All Day
Thursday Apr 24 - Sunday Apr 27
Thursday May 1 - Monday May 5