Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > Modifications > What was done to your rig this week?

arveetek

New Year...time for new thread!!

I installed a new CB in the TJ this weekend.  My old Cobra quit working on me the last two wheeling trips I went on.  It would work great until I really needed it, and then just quit.  I could whack the radio and make it start receiving, but then it wouldn't transmit anymore.  Then it would start working again after a while.

My friend Matt gave me his nearly new Cobra 19 Ultra III that he had just installed in his Pathfinder before it was destroyed in the Joplin Tornado.  The CB was one of the few things he salvaged from the vehicle.  Works great!

I mounted it where my old one was, on top of the dash.  This one is much smaller and takes up less space.

--

95 Chevy Tahoe 2 door, 6.5L turbodiesel, 285/75R16 Kenda Klever M/T's on Toyota steelies, some other goodies.  Overlanding Fun

January 2, 2012 at 3:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

NWA_WJ
I had my new(to me) tires mounted and balanced yesterday. Hoping to get a chance to go try them out this weekend.
--

2001 WJ, 4.7L V8, 3" Iron Rock Offroad lift, 17" JK Moab wheels, 32" BFG M/T KM's, Detroit TrueTrac LSD front, Spartan locker rear

January 5, 2012 at 3:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

duke 2001
Limited Member
Ordered my rear locker today should be here Monday and in by Tuesday .
January 6, 2012 at 4:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

Wow!  What a day!!

A buddy of mine came over and spent the day helping me get some work done on the Jeep.

Here's what we accomplished:

1.  Dropped fuel tank to replace fuel pressure regulator only to find out the one I had ordered was the wrong one.  Will have to finish that later.

2.  Replaced axle shaft seals on rear axle that had been leaking, and changed rear diff fluid.  Extended vent hose on axle to prevent water from getting in during deep water crossings.

3.  Installed Lock-Right locker in front locker.  Yay!  I'm locked in the front!!  Changed front diff fluid in the process.

4.  Changed fluid in tranny.

5.  Changed fluid in transfer case.

6.  Installed new plugs, wires, cap, and rotor on engine.

Now I just have to wait for the correct fuel regulator to arrive, and then I won't have to cycle the ignition several times to prime the fuel system.

All in all, one of the most productive shop days I've ever had!

--

95 Chevy Tahoe 2 door, 6.5L turbodiesel, 285/75R16 Kenda Klever M/T's on Toyota steelies, some other goodies.  Overlanding Fun

January 7, 2012 at 6:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Green Hornet

Installed the tire carrier today...a little adjustment and it latches perfectly.

http://www.christiancrawlers4x4.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=148565571

--

Green Hornet

February 4, 2012 at 3:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

I adjusted the alignment on the front end of the TJ (again).  Apparently I hit something when I was at Disney a couple of weeks ago.  Steering wheel was off center and it pulled slightly to the left.  I'm going to have upgrade the steering system one of these days!

At least it's really easy to do your own alignment on the TJ!  All you need is a tape measure and some hand tools!  Now she drives straight down the road and the steering wheel sits level once more.

Oh yes, I also installed the new fuel pressure regulator a while back, and now she starts right up, every time, on the first key cycle!  That's a nice feature right there....

--

February 6, 2012 at 9:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Aaron Womack
Limited Member

Finally got some discs on my 60 in the rear.  Probaby dropped 30 or 40 lbs. a side.  Did take a little fab work getting a GM bracket to work on a Dodge axle (you can't use a bolt on bracket, it has to be weld on behind the flange for older Dodge 60s).  WOW, what a difference!  I have never had brakes in the rear of my rig that worked very well and now new discs, it was a massive improvement.  The other cool thing is it is the same 13" rotors and calipers at all four corners now.

--

Aaron Womack 

1978 Jeep Cherokee, 360, TH400, QT (soon to be PT), Dana 44HD/Dana 60, 4.88's, Lincoln Locked Rear, Spartan Locker front, SOA/SF lift, 36" OZ's, recentered H1's, liberal fender trimming, 2x4" tubing rockers

2006 Dodge 2500 5.7 Hemi, 6" lift, 37" Nitto Mud Grapplers

February 8, 2012 at 10:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dwight Ennis
Limited Member
Got my hydraulic steering assist installed with the help of Bo Turner
--

February 11, 2012 at 12:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Flexer

The bad news: When the snow was here a few days ago my front left tire locked up and was skidding on top of the snow.

The good news: After taking the front wheel off and checking it out... it was just a 25 yr old brake caliper freezing up.

The even better news: Now that's I've replaced that caliper, the brakes don't pull to the other side any more.

I thought maybe a bearing cup was spinning in the hub.  I did check that while I had the tire off.  All good and well lubed!  *whew*

The best news ever: We're all saved through His grace alone!

--

'94 Jeep YJ 4.0L, 35" BFGs, Atlas 2 tcase, D44 front, 14b rear, detroit front, ARB rear, 4.56 gears, Warn winch, Onboard air, some rock rash. 

WrenchingSeasonBlog

February 18, 2012 at 12:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Flexer wrote "...The best news ever: We're all saved through His grace alone!"

AMEN!

February 18, 2012 at 8:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mike and Sheila

FINALLY got the 35s, BFG KM2's, and AEV Pintler wheels.  Of course this started the whole domino effect.  Spare wouldn't fit so I just had to order the Expedition One bumper, which led to modifying the antenna mount.  Anyway, I think we're all set for Moab...just in time.

March 29, 2012 at 11:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Mike and Sheila at March 29, 2012 at 11:31 PM

FINALLY got the 35s, BFG KM2's, and AEV Pintler wheels.  Of course this started the whole domino effect.  Spare wouldn't fit so I just had to order the Expedition One bumper, which led to modifying the antenna mount.  Anyway, I think we're all set for Moab...just in time.

I love the AEV Pintler wheels!  Did you get beadlocks? Praying that everyone has a safe trip and an awesome experience!  Hope to see lots of pictures from everyone that's going.  Lucky dogs!

March 30, 2012 at 9:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Flexer

Got the back seat back in my Jeep.  Yeah, not that hard... but a good thing to do.  With my oldest daughter (in Longmont, CO) going along I figure I'll spend some quality time in the back seat and let her and her b/f get some seat time. 

Tomorrow I hose it all out, put in the on-board-mister, respool the winch cable and finish prep for Moab!

--

'94 Jeep YJ 4.0L, 35" BFGs, Atlas 2 tcase, D44 front, 14b rear, detroit front, ARB rear, 4.56 gears, Warn winch, Onboard air, some rock rash. 

WrenchingSeasonBlog

March 30, 2012 at 10:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mike and Sheila

Randy, No I didn't go with the beadlocks.  I was really tempted, but after reading the mfr maintenance recommendations (torque once/mo, $100 for new bolts annually) it was hard to justify for a daily driver.  It seems like I can still safely air down to 10-12 lbs.  Listen to me....I must be getting old.   Doh!  Should've got the beadlocks...they look awesome.  That's enough justification, right?.

Thanks for the prayers.  Just got into Moab.  Gold Bar Rim tomorrow.

April 2, 2012 at 8:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Flexer

I added red moab dirt...

...and it was good...

8)

--

WrenchingSeasonBlog

April 15, 2012 at 5:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Welcome back.  Now, lets see some pictures :D

April 15, 2012 at 6:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

collinsbronco
Limited Member

I did a cut and fold on the rear quarter panels. Gained about 6 inches clearance and made room for my new bumper.

--

2000 XJ Sport, 4 1/2 lift,Dana 30, 8.25 rear, NP231,STANO front bumper, rear bumper in progress, TJ Moab wheels, ZJ V8 steering. In the process of front hoop, tires, fender trimming.

WANTED

**ZJ rear gas tank skid, KJ Liberty rear disc brakes**

April 18, 2012 at 11:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Lunatic
Putting axle sleeve in this weekend.
--

April 19, 2012 at 8:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Allen
Limited Member

I put a new water pump on it last night after the old one sprung a leak in preperation to go to Buckhorn this morning. After many hours of sweat and labor I loaded it around 1:30AM.

After running it out at Buckhorn today it did not solve my ever so plagued overheating issue with this beast. I have now replace every component to the cooling system except the electric fan and engine.

I think my next path may be a new engine (meaning new to the Jeep)

--

91 YJ, AMC 360, 33"x13.50" Swamper LTBs, QuadraJunk Trans Case, SOA lift, 4.5" lift springs,  4.88 gears, Spartan locker up front, 8.8 with discs in the rear, Rock Solid Fab Rock Rails

-Allen C Wendling

April 21, 2012 at 10:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Lunatic

Axle sleeves turned into more of a problem than anticipated.  Nitro sleeves are supposed to be drive in type without need for welding.  Well, after freezing sleeves for 3 days, neither side would drive flush to the axle tube.  After destroying two sets of bearing drivers, out came the grinder.  Got everything cleaned up and running on Tuesday.  Thanks to Tommie Fergusen and Nathan Nelson for the moral support and extra wrench help over the weekend.  Good to be back running and I should be ready for 37's on the front now.

--

April 26, 2012 at 11:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

April Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Thursday Apr 24 - Sunday Apr 27
Thursday May 1 - Monday May 5
Thursday May 8 - Saturday May 10