Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > Modifications > How do you lift a 91 XJ without blocks?

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Hey guys, Brad (our newest member that wheeled with us a while at Disney last Saturday) emailed me this question so I thought I would post it here.

January 2, 2012 at 3:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

NWA_WJ
A lot of kits use a different shackle and an add a leaf that you add to your spring pack. XJ lift kits are fairly inexpensive. I reccomend Iron Rock Offroad for their quality, customer service, price, and quick shipping. You can call them with what you have, what you want to do with the rig, and they will help you select the components you need to achieve that goal. ironrockoffroad.com
--

2001 WJ, 4.7L V8, 3" Iron Rock Offroad lift, 17" JK Moab wheels, 32" BFG M/T KM's, Detroit TrueTrac LSD front, Spartan locker rear

January 2, 2012 at 4:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

collinsbronco
Limited Member

You can get about 1 3/4 inches of lift for $99. Front coil bushing and rear shackles from several places. Plus, you can build on these items if you want more lift. Example, add 2 inch lift coils or 2 in add-a-leaf with the spacer and shacle to get almost 4 inches of lift. Very easy to lift. Remember, more than 3.5 and you have to consider SYE and extended brake lines.

--

2000 XJ Sport, 4 1/2 lift,Dana 30, 8.25 rear, NP231,STANO front bumper, rear bumper in progress, TJ Moab wheels, ZJ V8 steering. In the process of front hoop, tires, fender trimming.

WANTED

**ZJ rear gas tank skid, KJ Liberty rear disc brakes**

January 2, 2012 at 5:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

April Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Thursday Apr 24 - Sunday Apr 27
Thursday May 1 - Monday May 5
Thursday May 8 - Saturday May 10