Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > Parts Wanted > Polycarbonate and AL sheeting

Flexer

For the next wave of my buggy build I'm looking for a couple of things.  I can order online but was looking for something local.  Man the local companies stink for advertising online.

I'm looking for a piece of 1/2" thick 24" x 48" polycarbonate (Lexan).  I know I can order it online but I was hoping to buy local.  I haven't found anything local online ...

I'm also looking for a couple of sheets of 5052 Aluminum 48" x 96.  Online I found Reynolds (never been there) and Boyd's (looks like they might have it).

Anyone know a better source for either?

--

'94 Jeep YJ 4.0L, 35" BFGs, Atlas 2 tcase, D44 front, 14b rear, detroit front, ARB rear, 4.56 gears, Warn winch, Onboard air, some rock rash. 

WrenchingSeasonBlog

January 30, 2012 at 8:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

collinsbronco
Limited Member

Call Joe at Engineered Cutting Solutions. 479-200-9099 and tell him Justin sent you!!! He has a waterjet and cuts special materials all the time. I know he cuts plastic for the local food processing plants.

--

2000 XJ Sport, 4 1/2 lift,Dana 30, 8.25 rear, NP231,STANO front bumper, rear bumper in progress, TJ Moab wheels, ZJ V8 steering. In the process of front hoop, tires, fender trimming.

WANTED

**ZJ rear gas tank skid, KJ Liberty rear disc brakes**

January 30, 2012 at 11:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

vbtj
Limited Member

I could help you out on the aluminum if you don't mind driving down to Van Buren to get it.   I am making a steel order next week and could ask about the aluminum then.  I buy all my steel from Ryerson in Ft. Smith now and I'm getting pretty good prices since I buy anywhere between $600-$1,000  worth of plate every 4-6 weeks.   Majority of their stuff is Made in the USA too.

--

Rock Solid Fabworks    479-414-1246

Specializing in one-off fabrication with in house CNC plasma cutting.

January 31, 2012 at 9:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Flexer

Thanks guys!

My wife called Joe today and he said he'd get back with a price. 

I think she also called Ryerson and got a quote for a 4x10 sheet of AL.  It was about $40 more than internet $ on a 4x8 sheet... so probably in line with the per-pound $.

--

'94 Jeep YJ 4.0L, 35" BFGs, Atlas 2 tcase, D44 front, 14b rear, detroit front, ARB rear, 4.56 gears, Warn winch, Onboard air, some rock rash. 

WrenchingSeasonBlog

January 31, 2012 at 10:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

March Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Thursday, Apr 17 at 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Saturday, Apr 19 All Day
Saturday, Apr 19 at 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM