Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > 4x4 Events > Rush Springs Ranch

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Henry was telling us about a new off-road park near Jane MO.  that was opening up with about 500 acres of trails.  This is another hourse camp that wants to broaden it's offerings.  I saw this on Craigslist http://fayar.craigslist.org/grd/2864166394.html They are having half off their day fee on Saturday to get people to check it out.  So it's $10 to wheel on Saturday.  Here is the link to their website http://www.rushspringsranch.com/#!

It looks like a beautiful place with several small spring fed lakes.  Also nice cabins and campground.  Probably not that many trails yet but it's suposed to be beautiful on Saturday and I thought I might go check it out.  Anyone else interested?

February 23, 2012 at 9:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

My buddy Larry mentioned to me this week that he had heard about a new off road park near Jane.  This must be it for sure.

I'll be out of town this weekend, however.  Let us know if you make it out!

Casey

February 23, 2012 at 10:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BONE
Limited Member

Randy, I would be interested in going if I can get away.  We have family plans that evening so I may not be able to.  I'll see what I can find out.  Anybody else going?

--

BONE

2008 JK Wrangler

SkyJacker 4.5" full flex / SkyJacker Adj. Control Arms / Tatton driveshafts / 36x12.50 Super Swamper TSL Radials / 15x8 Eagles / Rock Solid Fab front bumper / Smittybilt XRC-8 winch / Hellas / Custom built rear bumper - tire carrier / Aussie Locker

www.project-jk.com

February 24, 2012 at 9:28 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dwight Ennis
Limited Member

I would like to go if I can get my Jeep ready tonight.

--

February 24, 2012 at 12:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ghost Rider

If I can get my ujoints in we might be interested in going

February 24, 2012 at 4:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Anyone else?  Y'all want to meet at the Walmart in Jane about 9:30 in the morning?

February 24, 2012 at 7:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BONE
Limited Member

Not looking good for me.  If I can be there to meet in the morning I will.  If not, don't wait on me.

--

BONE

2008 JK Wrangler

SkyJacker 4.5" full flex / SkyJacker Adj. Control Arms / Tatton driveshafts / 36x12.50 Super Swamper TSL Radials / 15x8 Eagles / Rock Solid Fab front bumper / Smittybilt XRC-8 winch / Hellas / Custom built rear bumper - tire carrier / Aussie Locker

www.project-jk.com

February 24, 2012 at 11:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Well, I ended up going by myself just to meet the owner and have a look around.  The owner is a nice guy but needs some guideance as far as the type of trails he needs to provide.  He seems willing to listen.  I invited him to go to SMORR or Cass with us and ride along with one of us to see what we do.  I also explained the trail rating system we use.  I hope we can get out there often and help him.  I really think it could be an awesome park.  I posted some pictures of the grounds. 

February 25, 2012 at 9:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BONE
Limited Member

Any trails open yet?  How would you rate the ones he has?

--

BONE

2008 JK Wrangler

www.project-jk.com

February 27, 2012 at 1:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ghost Rider

I tried to post on here I ended up having a bad spicer joint but for some reason it wouldnt let me sorry randy let us know when you are going again I still really want to go up there some time.

February 27, 2012 at 8:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

BONE at February 27, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Any trails open yet?  How would you rate the ones he has?

Since I was by myself and the only map available is a map of the horse trails for the most part, I didn't get to to venture out on most of the newer trails except for a few of the hill climbs.  It seems like most of the new stuff is hill climbs abd more steep than anything else.  Russ, the owner, did say someone had rolled on one of the trails on Saturday.  I would like to see him open up some of the gulleys, which I think he will over time. Up until now he has been concerned about building trails than someone would get "stuck" on.  I told him he needs some of everything tio get folks out there and most of all a good map that has the levels indicated, or go arounds so we can choose our poison. 

Someone was showing him pictures from the Gorilla Run at Superlift when I was leaving and I gave him the link to our website and told him to go to our Photo Gallery and look at pictures of some of the stuff we run.  I think with some education about what the off-road community wants, it will be a good park.  The problem i, I think he needs to see some interest before he does much more work.  It would be great if we had some guys that could help him identify some 3-5 level trails.  I do think he is committed to keeping it family friendly and at a reasonable cost.

February 27, 2012 at 1:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

March Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Sunday, Apr 20 All Day
Thursday Apr 24 - Sunday Apr 27
Thursday May 1 - Monday May 5