Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > 4x4 Events > 4X4th of july @ Byrds July 13-15th

Trailfrog
Site Owner

NWA_WJ at July 12, 2012 at 9:51 PM

I noticed that one of the rock buggies is Justin Tune of Mountain View, MO.  I was curious if this is the same Justin Tune that is a member of our club?  I noticed this on the members rigs  page

Good eye Brant.  I wondered the same thing and Justin just happened to call me this morning to ask me if any of us were going.  It is his new buggy!  I told him I probably wouln't be going but some were so whoever gets to go be sure and introduce yourselves and cheer him on!  

July 12, 2012 at 10:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

NWA_WJ
For sure. I think between Justin(not Justin Tune) & I we can get lots of pics and hopefully some good video.
--

2001 WJ, 4.7L V8, 3" Iron Rock Offroad lift, 17" JK Moab wheels, 32" BFG M/T KM's, Detroit TrueTrac LSD front, Spartan locker rear

July 12, 2012 at 10:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

NWA_WJ
No one conquered Bounty Hill!! I got some video I will post when I get home. We had a great time saw a lot of rigs on their side, a couple upside down, & 1 or 2 roll over. Fortunately no one was hurt. It rained for a little bit & we got a little wet, but then it cooled off and made for a nice day.
--

2001 WJ, 4.7L V8, 3" Iron Rock Offroad lift, 17" JK Moab wheels, 32" BFG M/T KM's, Detroit TrueTrac LSD front, Spartan locker rear

July 14, 2012 at 9:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

vbtj
Limited Member

Tune gave it a great try and ended up on his side and Jordan Tanner almost made it after everyone left.  Ty said this morning if he had gone another 8"-10" when he jumped the ledges he would have made it.   We wheeled all day Friday then I worked my booth Saturday till Bounty Hill time, then I lead a group up Pure Hell this morning then we all went and climbed the big rock wall and loaded up and headed home.  It was the BEST event I've been to ever and had something for everyone.  Even had bounce arounds set up for the kids and some great food vendor trailers.  I can't wait till the next one.

--

Rock Solid Fabworks    479-414-1246

Specializing in one-off fabrication with in house CNC plasma cutting.

July 15, 2012 at 8:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

NWA_WJ

Tune's rig really impressed me. He definately has the power to get the tires moving.  I don't know if I have ever seen anyone stay on the rev limiter for so long. :D  I had an opportunity to talk to Justin Tune about his rig.  The info I had read about "Hill Billy Deluxe" said he was running a 500 horse LS6.  Tune informed me that he spun 3 rod bearings on his first trip out and now has a 6.0L LS motor.  He is planning to rebuild and stroke the LS6.  I had a blast, got to see a lot of amazing rigs, got to meet Justin Tune, got to visit with some fellow Christian Crawlers, and I will definately be there next year.  I posted some pics http://www.christiancrawlers4x4.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=13673563 & I upload some video to Youtube.  The video is kinda shaky, I had my 5 year old son running circles around my feet and I was using my point and shoot camera.  I really should have brought my tripod :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maEpAEHFPpM

--

July 16, 2012 at 12:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

collinsbronco
Limited Member

Got a few pics...Spent most of the time running from flying mud!!!

--

2000 XJ Sport, 4 1/2 lift,Dana 30, 8.25 rear, NP231,STANO front bumper, rear bumper in progress, TJ Moab wheels, ZJ V8 steering. In the process of front hoop, tires, fender trimming.

WANTED

**ZJ rear gas tank skid, KJ Liberty rear disc brakes**

July 16, 2012 at 1:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

collinsbronco
Limited Member

Link to Ricky B Photography photos from Byrd 4x4th July...

http://www.rickybphotography.com/Wheelin-Galleries/Byrds-Adventure-Park-2012/24177864_H59v9S#!i=1968638387&k=STzsQbH

--

2000 XJ Sport, 4 1/2 lift,Dana 30, 8.25 rear, NP231,STANO front bumper, rear bumper in progress, TJ Moab wheels, ZJ V8 steering. In the process of front hoop, tires, fender trimming.

WANTED

July 17, 2012 at 11:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

vbtj
Limited Member

The white Cherokee in the rock garden was running some Rock Solid Fabworks custom cut weld-on beadlocks. :D

--

Rock Solid Fabworks    479-414-1246

Specializing in one-off fabrication with in house CNC plasma cutting.

July 17, 2012 at 11:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

NWA_WJ
I recognized the beadlocks from a thread on Arkansas Crawlers.
--

July 17, 2012 at 11:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

collinsbronco
Limited Member

I liked his use of Bronco 44 and 9 inch. 

--

WANTED

July 18, 2012 at 8:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

March Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Thursday, Apr 17 at 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Saturday, Apr 19 All Day
Saturday, Apr 19 at 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM