Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > Interesting Links > Garage Coop?

Trailfrog
Site Owner

I saw this posted on Craigslist yesterday and we discussed it some at our club meeting last night.  I thought I would post it here to get your feedback.  If you have questions I encourage you to call Kevin and get more information.  Do you think something like this would work in NW Arkansas?

Craiglist post:

"I am looking for people that enjoy the thing we call an "Automobile". We are setting up a Community Center that has the space to allow for a multitude of activities. We need a hand setting it up so that it appeals to as many different Auto related activities and passions as possible.We currently can offer a place for Automotive Clubs to gather, tinker and promote their Passion, as well as, enough space to host Car Shows and othergroup events. So if you or someone you know would like to be a part of an adventure reminiscent of the A&W Drive In and Route 66 era please contact us. We are looking for Mechanics, Hobbyists and Enthusiasts from all walks of life. Just tell us what you can or would like to do and we will try to make it happen. You can call Kevin @ 479 Two, Five, Zero - 0885 or send an email to kevinconverse67(at)gmail(dot)com."

April 20, 2012 at 9:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

jeeps4fun

Didn't yall already have some sort of group garage location already? I know its been tore down and they're rebuilding something right now.  That being said it would all depend on the details on whether it would work here or not.  Im still "new" here in town so my opinion doesn't count for much!

April 20, 2012 at 2:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

jeeps4fun at April 20, 2012 at 2:45 PM

Didn't yall already have some sort of group garage location already? I know its been tore down and they're rebuilding something right now.  That being said it would all depend on the details on whether it would work here or not.  Im still "new" here in town so my opinion doesn't count for much!

Yep we have access to a shop but the arrangement has changed somewhat.  The owner of the shop they tore down to build a larger shop decided to make it a showroom for his dealership instead.  The good news is we have access to a larger shop he owns but it's located in Pea Ridge.  We will be scheduling and open house(garage) out these soon to check it out.

This other garage space might be another alternative for some.  The guy is talking about haveing trained mechanics that would teach you how to do your own work if you want.  There would be a fee associated with this but it will be less than the labor rates at other auto repair shops.  Also he is trying to build more of a community of like minded people that would have access to this shop space after 5 and on weekends.

April 20, 2012 at 8:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

jeeps4fun

Sounds interesting for sure.  I wouldn't mind at least hearing some more details.  There are always those times when you think "If I just had access to ....."

April 20, 2012 at 10:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

March Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Thursday, Apr 17 at 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Saturday, Apr 19 All Day
Saturday, Apr 19 at 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM