Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > 4x4 Events > SMOOR Rough Country Run June 7-10

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Who's in?  I have reserved a few camps if you need one let me know. There is also a hotel in Seymour and then thers's Springfield. 

May 13, 2012 at 11:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

POWERD BY CHRIST
Limited Member

I registered for this last night and did not realize it is basically a free event.  $10 at the gate for the weekend and free dinner Saturday night.  With Dana and I going that saves me close to $60 that can go towards fuel.....

May 17, 2012 at 9:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Click HERE to complete free registration form.

May 18, 2012 at 11:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Holmes Jeep
Limited Member

I plan to ride there all day friday the 8th. Anyone else coming then?  I would like to be on the trail by 9 or 10 as I have to be back to Ozark that evening.

Thanks, ERIC

May 23, 2012 at 11:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

If I don't come over Thursday evening, I'll probably be there by noon on Friday.

May 26, 2012 at 10:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Decipticon

if my rig in finished i will be there friday and sat

May 27, 2012 at 10:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Decipticon

well just found out some parts are back ordered so i will not make the smoor run in june...

May 29, 2012 at 5:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Flexer

I'm trying to figure out how to make it.  I can imagine it's a bit hot for camping?...

--

'94 Jeep YJ 4.0L, 35" BFGs, Atlas 2 tcase, D44 front, 14b rear, detroit front, ARB rear, 4.56 gears, Warn winch, Onboard air, some rock rash. 

WrenchingSeasonBlog

May 30, 2012 at 9:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

You never know, lows are in the 50s this weekend!  There is a small hotel in Seymour but I bet it's already full.

May 30, 2012 at 9:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

Flexer at May 30, 2012 at 9:12 PM

I'm trying to figure out how to make it.  I can imagine it's a bit hot for camping?...

One of the coolest nights I camped at SMORR was in July!  It just happened to be in the low 50's that weekend, and I nearly froze in Randy's camper!

But yeah, most of the time it's a bit warm in the summer for tent camping....

--

95 Chevy Tahoe 2 door, 6.5L turbodiesel, 285/75R16 Kenda Klever M/T's on Toyota steelies, some other goodies.  Overlanding Fun

May 30, 2012 at 10:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Anyone else planning to make this trip?  The weather is looking good!  Highs in the upper 70's/low 80's and Lows in the upper 60's!  So far no rain is forecasted.   

June 1, 2012 at 7:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

If you are even thinking about going to SMORR this next weekend (6/8 - 6/10) you will want to fill out the Rough Country registration form.  My understanding is that those that register through Rough Country will receive a discount on their trail fees.  Also you must be registered to participate in the raffle on Saturday night.

June 3, 2012 at 2:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Flexer

It looks like I'm going to make it.  I'll need a camp site for Sat night.  Should I reserve one myself or did you have enough Randy?

--

'94 Jeep YJ 4.0L, 35" BFGs, Atlas 2 tcase, D44 front, 14b rear, detroit front, ARB rear, 4.56 gears, Warn winch, Onboard air, some rock rash. 

WrenchingSeasonBlog

June 3, 2012 at 7:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

Wish I could make it.  :(  Ya'll have fun and be safe.

Casey

June 5, 2012 at 4:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

I talked to Flexer about campsites, but for others if you decide to go and need an electric site you will need to contact SMORR as there are a limited number left.  If you are tent camping you can pitch your tent about anywhere and should have some room behind my electric site for a few if needed.

June 5, 2012 at 7:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Optimus Prime :)

Anyone leaving saturday morning to go to SMORR? I am leaving Bville early sat morning to spend the day. 

--

2008 JK Rubicon Unlimited, 6" Terra Flex long arm lift, Fox remote res shocks front and rear, Currie Dana 60 RJ3 front axle (5.38 gears) with Detroit locker, Currie Dana 60 RJ3 rear axle (40 Spline and 5.38 gears) with ARB locker, RIPP Supercharger, Atlas 4 speed transfer case, PSC Hydraulic assist, Full custom roll cage, 4 Mastercraft Baja Race Seats, Crow 5 point harnesses, Max-Bilt center console, Poison Spyder front and rear bumpers, Poison Spyder Crusher Flares (front and rear), Poison Spyder Brawler Rockers, Poison Spyder Crusher Corners (led lights), Poison Spyderlock bead locks, AEV hood, River Raider Full Skid Plate system, River Raider Evap canister skid plate, Tom Woods 1350 Custom driveshaft’s, Warn 9.0 RC Winch, ARB twin air compressor, SPOD, 38" Toyo open country MT, and more.

June 6, 2012 at 6:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Flexer

Yup early Saturday... gotta BE there around 8 to get registered... I'm camping that night too.

--

WrenchingSeasonBlog

June 6, 2012 at 10:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Another great time at SMORR!  Eric made it out on Friday as did Steve and Suzanne.  Philip and Mike made it out on Saturday. Enjoyed wheeling with everyone including some from the Calvary Crawlers and some from Mid-South Jeep Club.  Here is a picture of Eric going up Double Whammy.  More pictures in the Photo Gallery.  I didn't get many because I was at the end of the line most of the time.  I did do Rocker Knocker and went up the hard line on Larry's Hill.  I also have a few video's if I can figure out how to edit out all the stuff where I forgot to stop the video :roll:

June 11, 2012 at 10:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

mikepeluso
Limited Member

My first trip to SMORR ! Gotta love that place. Had great time wheelin' with Randy,Phillip and my son Michael. Looking foward to the next event.

June 13, 2012 at 6:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Decipticon

i told you its a nice place...

June 13, 2012 at 8:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

March Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Saturday, Apr 19 All Day
Saturday, Apr 19 at 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Sunday, Apr 20 All Day