Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > What do you tow with? > New Forum Department: Towing Your Jeep/4x4

We Be Rockin'

Members, As our Off Road rigs continue to grow in size and complexity, and our trips to exotic locales (like SMOOR) continue to get longer, we thought it prudent to start helping our members learn about another aspect of off-roading, towing! 

Please take a tour of topics and post up with what you know or what you'd like to know.  Post up your rigs, trailers, modifications, and trip info.  We'll also post up Towing Rules and Regulations for the U.S., which change significantly from state to state.  Enjoy the new subject matter.

I'll start!

May 14, 2012 at 9:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

We Be Rockin'

My tow rig is a 2008 Chevrolet Duramax Diesel Crew Cab Dually LTZ.   I bought it in March of this year from a gentleman in Dallas.   He drove it to work in Houston every week, and hauled his pro-stock Nova around the country in a 40ft live aboard car hauler.  It had 170,000 miles on it, so I got a really good deal.  The thing is in excellent condition, both body and interior.  I had the engine checked out at Parker's Diesel Service and had a glow plug and idler belt pulley replaced, and on the road to Utah we went.  It has new tires, black leather, and the basics of CD player, decent stereo, etc. 

All I've added so far is a set of Weathershield in channel vent visors and front mud flaps, and a set of N-Fab six step running boards.

Our first trip was to Utah, and we towed 14,000 lbs. worth of trailer and Jeeps on the bumper for 2300 miles.  Overall a good trip and the truck performed flawlessly.   It's now officially Sophie approved!

May 14, 2012 at 10:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

March Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Sunday, Apr 20 All Day
Thursday Apr 24 - Sunday Apr 27
Thursday May 1 - Monday May 5