Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > Trailers > Hefty 20 ft. Gooseneck

We Be Rockin'

My Jeep hauler is a 20 ft Gooseneck trailer.  It's a 2012 tandem single wood decked lowboy.  By lowboy, it simply indicates that part of the deck actually rests between the wheel wells, so it's not as wide as a Flatdeck, in which the deck is over the tires and can be a full 8 or 8.5 feet wide.

My trailer has LED lights all around and I recently mounted a Jobsite Box between the front two support to carry tools, extra fuel, or whatever needs to be secured while hauling.

I tie my rig down with DOT/CHP approved 2 inch rachet straps, but may switch to axle loops as my current straps are getting a lot of wear from rubbing on the trailer.

Look forward to officially trying out the trailer with the jeep on it going to SMOOR in about 3 weeks if I get my jeep back together.

Pics to come.

May 14, 2012 at 11:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

We Be Rockin'

Finally got some pics of the Hefty.    added some rubber traction pads along the top of the fenders for walking and attached some big chocks with wire rope to keep them from wandering off.

--

June 14, 2012 at 10:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

March Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Sunday, Apr 20 All Day
Thursday Apr 24 - Sunday Apr 27
Thursday May 1 - Monday May 5