Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > For Sale > For Sale or Trade: CJ-7, tons, linked, 44" Rockers

Marv
Limited Member

It's time to sell the CJ-7 and move on to something I can get a little more use out of. 3 kids and and a small business are keeping me too busy to justify keeping it around.

Here's the specs:

1982 CJ-7, clear Arkansas title

AMC 360 engine, with GM Throttle Body injection, Ford TFI ignition, M.O.R.E. Offroad "Bombproof" motor mounts

TF 727 3-speed automatic transmission, Lokar shifter and kickdown cable

Twin-sticked Dana 300 transfer case, Go2Guy clocking ring, TeraLow 4:1 gearset

Dana 60 Front (welded) with Warn lockouts

Dana 70 rear, disc brake conversion, welded (4.56:1 gears)

4 Link front and rear, 2" x .500" wall d.o.m. tubing with 1 1/4" heim joints on lowers, 1.175" x .375" d.o.m. upper links with 1" heim joints. Wild horse coils front and rear. Rancho shocks all around

116" wheelbase (I am pretty sure, may have to confirm this), either way, 90 degree approach and departure angles.

Stock frame, but reinforced with 1/8" plate inside and out on front half of frame.

Warn winch

Hummer H1 beadlocks, recentered with Copperhead Fab centers, skull design rockrings and heavy rubber inserts.

44" Pitbull Rockers. Purchased new in 2010. Have only been used on 4 trips, very little sign of use!

Full hydraulic steering, braided brake lines.

CNC staging brake (operate rear discs by hand)

Full Cage with dash spreader and passenger dash grab bar (thanks Justin Michael!)

Heavy duty skidplate

Optima "red top" battery, new starter, water pump, radiator, trans cooler (and heavy duty lines), all ignition parts (Ford Thick Film Ignition Coil, cap, rotor) are new, ECM is new, just about every external part on the motor is new.

Edelbrock Chrome Valve Covers and breather

Front "rock lights"

tons and tons of extra parts including full metal doors, spare transmission (disassembled), partial d300 tcase, damaged, but repairable hard top.

The good:

This thing is a blast, and I have loved wheeling it. I just simply don't have time to enjoy it anymore. I have not built it with any intention of selling it until recently. If I have broken it wheeling, I have rebuilt it with overkill in mind. It climbs like a billygoat, and with the TBI injuction will run no matter how steep of an angle it sits at. The tires are in excellent shape, and it is ready to wheel today.

The bad:

The engine smokes out the left side when it is warmed up and under a load. I'm not sure what the cause it, but I don't have time to tear down and find out right now. It runs fine otherwise, and has PLENTY of power.

I am asking $9500 for it, but am definately willing to consider trades for almost anything (partial or full trade) of value that is easier to market than a purpose-built rockcrawler.

call or text me at (479) two zero zero -9025

I will post and link some recent pics asap.

thanks!
marv

--
June 19, 2012 at 6:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Marv
Limited Member

also has a York A/C Compressor installed (but not wired or plumbed) that I intended to make an on-board air setup with.. just never had time!

June 19, 2012 at 6:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Marv
Limited Member

Still for sale! Price reduced! $7,000 or trade for car/truck/camper/atv(s)

December 6, 2012 at 4:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DuRsT
Limited Member

Have any pics you can send on this?

--

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2012 JK - A few odds and ends

December 8, 2012 at 8:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Marv
Limited Member

DuRsT, will try to get some tommorrow during the day sometime..

December 10, 2012 at 8:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

April Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Thursday Apr 24 - Sunday Apr 27
Thursday May 1 - Monday May 5
Thursday May 8 - Saturday May 10