Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > 4x4 Events > Club Overlanding Trip Nov 1-4

daveoffroad
Limited Member

Yes, I think the "K" trail would be real interesting to do at some time, but would need to get hooked up with someone that has some recent experience of running that trail.  Would not expect that it is marked at all.

--

David Austin

http://www.c4x4.com/

http://freegift.net/

August 22, 2012 at 5:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Forward

Trailfrog at August 21, 2012 at 8:41 PM

Not sure we will want to do k-trail as our first overlanding trip as we don't have any members with experience on the k-trail and I think it would be a four hour drive for most of us just to start the trail.  I was thinking more like Natural Dam, AR to Cass, AR or something comporable.

K trail was just a suggestion. I would consider the Natural Dam to Cass trip. Maybe I can go check out the K trail and give everyone a report and then if anyone is interested we could get a trip together. It would be in the spring of 2013 before I could check it out. It looks to get very icy in the winter and I am not a big fan of ice.  

August 22, 2012 at 4:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

duke 2001 at August 21, 2012 at 9:38 PM

That's would be a good trip! Just a reminder that deer season will be in about that time.

I'm thinking maybe November 2-4th?  I don't think Deer season is open yet.  Is that correct?

August 28, 2012 at 8:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

How about Nov. 1-3?  :D

August 28, 2012 at 9:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

How many could do a Thursday November 1st through Saturday November 3rd, trip?

August 28, 2012 at 10:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Peanut
Limited Member

I can do that.

--

August 29, 2012 at 7:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

daveoffroad
Limited Member

I will do some checking on it....   And let you all know.  Gotta ask my boss.

--

David Austin

August 30, 2012 at 7:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Forward

I am interested in this trip if it works out.

September 19, 2012 at 11:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

daveoffroad
Limited Member

Talked to a member of Trailchasers last night.  They are trying to get a K trail run together.  But it has been reported that there is about 8 mile section where you are bustin tree limbs on both sides of your rig.  Advised not to try it if you are worried about scratches.  Sounds like the trail just needs used a lot more.

--

David Austin

September 20, 2012 at 5:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

I'm planning on taking vacation that week of November 1-3.  So I am planning on for sure doing a Thursday-Saturday run.  (Ya'll can continue on Sunday if you want to as well).

So all we need is a plan!!!

Casey

--

95 Chevy Tahoe 2 door, 6.5L turbodiesel, 285/75R16 Kenda Klever M/T's on Toyota steelies, some other goodies.  Overlanding Fun

September 20, 2012 at 11:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Ok, it's time to firm this one up.  I'm thinking about starting on Thursday Nov 1st and finishing either Saturday afternoon or Sunday afternoon.  I'm going to talk to Mark Adkins to see if he might help me put a route together.

October 20, 2012 at 10:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

You know I'm in!!

October 21, 2012 at 5:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Forward

i am trying to work out some details, i will let you know asap if i can make it. :D

--
October 22, 2012 at 10:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jonbo
Limited Member

Do you camp right on the trail?

--

1980 CJ 7 - Brown and Rusty, Rock Chipped and Dusty

1998 TJ  -  automatic bank account shrinker,weak link identifier and spare time eliminator.

October 22, 2012 at 7:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Jonbo at October 22, 2012 at 7:05 PM

Do you camp right on the trail?

Usually just off the trail in a cleared area used for primitive camping, sometimes in a public primitive camping area.  That's one thing different about overland style travel, you plan a route for the trip but you never know for sure what you will find on the trail and what problems you might encounter on the way so you have to be flexible and deal with what is dealt to you on the way.  Trails could be closed by down trees, someone in the group may have mechanical issues that slows progress enough that you can't make the planned camp area for that night or you make it but you are setting up camp at 10:00 at night.  So you never know what you might need to deal with, that's part of the adventure.

October 22, 2012 at 9:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Forward

I am planning to attend this event. :D

--
October 24, 2012 at 2:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

Randy (Trailfrog) and I are taking vacation days to be able to leave on Thursday.  Just FYI.... the sooner we can hit the road the more ground we can cover and sights we can see!!

October 24, 2012 at 4:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

Forward at October 24, 2012 at 2:33 PM

I am planning to attend this event. :D

Sweet!

October 24, 2012 at 4:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Anyone about else thinking about this trip.  I hope to get some help this weekend planning the route.

October 25, 2012 at 9:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Forward

Well I got the sick bug.....I just couldnt get the new X-flex control arms installed today as planned....So I ordered a 3 gal. fuel rotopax today for the trip..... I am looking forward to the adventure.....Its all goooooood.  I am feeling better already.

--
October 26, 2012 at 8:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

April Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Thursday Apr 24 - Sunday Apr 27
Thursday May 1 - Monday May 5
Thursday May 8 - Saturday May 10