Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > 4x4 Events > Club Overlanding Trip Nov 1-4

arveetek

Forward at October 26, 2012 at 8:06 PM

Well I got the sick bug.....I just couldnt get the new X-flex control arms installed today as planned....So I ordered a 3 gal. fuel rotopax today for the trip..... I am looking forward to the adventure.....Its all goooooood.  I am feeling better already.

I've been seriously considering ordering the Rotopax fuel containers!  I'm wanting to carry spare fuel as well.

Right now, however, just putting fuel in the main tank is taking any extra cash I have!!  ;)

--

95 Chevy Tahoe 2 door, 6.5L turbodiesel, 285/75R16 Kenda Klever M/T's on Toyota steelies, some other goodies.  Overlanding Fun

October 28, 2012 at 2:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Ok guys, A friend has put together a route for us.  I'm not sure which end we will start from but the directions are assuming a start at the west end.  I will be meeting with him tomorrow night to get the details.  Any preference as to which end we start?  It looks like the weather is going to be nice. 

Anyone else want to join us?

October 28, 2012 at 8:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

My thoughts:

Both times I have been on City Road 311 down to the Homestead site, we have run it in an east to west direction.  So, it might be helpful to run from east to west just so we are familiar with the roads and sights.

On the flip side, I wouldn't mind ending the trip on the east side, because that would actually be an easier route home for me.  If we end up closer to 65, it's a quick trip home on well maintained, familiar roads.  If we end up finishing on the west side, it's quite a ways home on less familiar roads.  That's where I ended up on the last trip, and it seemed like a long drive home in the middle of nowhere.  Since I will have to definitely head for home Saturday afternoon/evening, I would prefer a more familiar route home.

On the other flip side, I haven't got to run the stretch that runs north and south on the east side.  I would definitely like to run that stretch.  So maybe we should start on the east side to be sure to get that section in before we run out of time for whatever reason.  Also, it might be easier to find an initial meeting spot on the east side.  It's closer to larger towns, like Marshall.

So, I guess I'm good either way!!  :D

Casey

October 29, 2012 at 12:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Forward

West to east I think would be better for me. It looks to be less travel time on the front end. I have not been on the trails so I dont have a preferance. I will be good either way as well. I start packing tonight...:D

October 29, 2012 at 1:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Forward

arveetek at October 28, 2012 at 2:53 PM

Forward at October 26, 2012 at 8:06 PM

Well I got the sick bug.....I just couldnt get the new X-flex control arms installed today as planned....So I ordered a 3 gal. fuel rotopax today for the trip..... I am looking forward to the adventure.....Its all goooooood.  I am feeling better already.

I've been seriously considering ordering the Rotopax fuel containers!  I'm wanting to carry spare fuel as well.

Right now, however, just putting fuel in the main tank is taking any extra cash I have!!  ;)

Yes I agree... It was a few fill ups worth to hang less than a quarter of tank of gas off the spair tire. It was not at the top of my wish list untill I made a list of things I didnt want to happen on the trail.......and running out of fuel was high on that list. I dont think we will need it as we have a fuel stop planned but we will have it anyway.

--
October 29, 2012 at 1:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

I'm going to figure out a way to strap a standard fuel can to the back.

I also discovered that I have two u-joints failing in the rear driveline; need to get those replaced.  I also found out this past weekend that my CB is failing; it will receive but won't transmit.  I swapped a known good antenna and cable on, but it didn't help.  I think it got used too much on a bad SWR setting before I got it.  I might swap the CB in from my Tahoe.

October 29, 2012 at 8:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

We should be fine on fuel as there are planned stops both Thursday and Friday but it never hurts to be prepared just in case.  Anyone else up for this trip?  It looks like four going so far.

October 29, 2012 at 11:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

daveoffroad
Limited Member

I am saddened that I won't be able to make it over for this run.  Had been looking forward to it greatly.  We have got special events going on at the Church this weekend and we are using my trailer as a stage on Saturday then have to teach class on Sunday and have put out a large invite to many in the Red Dirt Jeepers to come and see the Kingdom Dog Ministry that will be doing their deal on Sunday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvzaz42UdsI

--

David Austin

http://www.c4x4.com/

http://freegift.net/

October 30, 2012 at 5:47 AM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

See you guys in the morning!

(Sorry you couldn't make it Dave!)

Casey

October 31, 2012 at 10:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Well, we (Casey, Brad, Jmes, and Randy) made it back yesterday evening after three days in God's great outdoors!  It was a great trip, we drove about 300 miles offroad over three days.  Our trip started in St. Paul and we finished in Pindall, Ar.  Pictures posted in the Photo Gallery

November 4, 2012 at 9:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Peanut
Limited Member

Looks like you guy's had a great time. Great pictures and great scenery.

--

November 4, 2012 at 10:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

That was definitely one of the best trips I've been on yet!  Great weather, great scenery, great friendships!  Thanks again to Randy for all his hard work in planning and leading this trip.  Can't wait to do it again!

Casey

November 4, 2012 at 11:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Forward

There is nothing like great Christian fellowship in God’s country. Thank you Randy for putting together a great trip. I am looking forward to the next adventure. More photos comming soon.

November 5, 2012 at 5:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Casey posted more pictures

November 11, 2012 at 2:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

March Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Thursday, Apr 17 at 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Saturday, Apr 19 All Day
Saturday, Apr 19 at 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM