Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > Ministry Events > Matt Akana Benefit

Discombobulated

Alot of us know him as Kahuna Mass and he has wheeled with us for several years. I was contacted on Facebook by his wife Ruth with the information below:

On Friday July 27th 2012, Matt suffered a ruptured aneurysm. We were in Longview for a visit at the time, so he was rushed to Good Shepard and then airlifted to ETMC of Tyler. Open Brain Surgery was performed on Saturday the 28th with a positive outcome. Matt is now at ETMC in the Critical Care unit in a induced coma to help him heal. He is a Fighter and continues to progress! He is healing well and is stable, but still sedated. He will have a CT done again tomorrow morning to detect is there are any vasospasm that have occurred through the week. They plan to wean him off the ventilator this weekend, and if that goes well they will bring him out of sedation.

He is expected to be there for 4-6 weeks depending on his recovery.

I am including a link to the page on Facebook as well.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/matthewakana.benefit

August 4, 2012 at 9:47 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Our club made a donation in the amount of $1200 to help Matt and his family with some of the expenses they will have.  A special thanks to two of our members, Curt Clark, who matched our club donation of $500 and Mike Allen who also donated an additional $200.  I know this donation is much appreciated and our prayers are that Matt will have a complete recovery.

August 7, 2012 at 1:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

That is totally awesome!   No better way to spend the club's resources.

I pray that Matt will make a full and swift recovery.

Casey

--

95 Chevy Tahoe 2 door, 6.5L turbodiesel, 285/75R16 Kenda Klever M/T's on Toyota steelies, some other goodies.  Overlanding Fun

August 7, 2012 at 6:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Matt seems to be on the road to recovery!  Praise the Lord.  Click HERE for another Facebook page with daily reports.  Please continue to keep Matt and his family in your parayers.

August 19, 2012 at 3:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Let's be sure and continue to keep Matt and his family in our prayers.

August 30, 2012 at 9:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Here is an update that Matts wife posted to facebook a few days ago:

The Drs at Baylor meet today and set a goal for the end of the month to discharge Moki from Baylor. They said that the date is never set in stone, but that is the time frame as of now. The Drs are impressed with the progress that Moki has made with just a week of being here. The plan is to send him to a transitional therapy center here in Dallas. They don't know how long he will be there, as it is up to his progress to determine the stay in the transitional therapy. The struggle for Moki is there day by day and I tell him the number of friends and family that are rooting and praying for him to get through this obstacle. Thank you Keep us in your prayers! Good things are taking place my dear friends!

Ruth

September 8, 2012 at 2:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

April Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Thursday Apr 24 - Sunday Apr 27
Thursday May 1 - Monday May 5
Thursday May 8 - Saturday May 10