Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > Modifications > Big weekend for the Buggy work....

Flexer

The weather is crappy, no wheelin' in the forecast.  It isn't too hot and you're itchin' to do something off-roady without getting wet?

This weekend I'm going to start the last big push on the buggy.  The goal: At the end of the weekend it will be suspended and the punch list will be down to plumbing (brake lines, hydraulic lines, cooler lines, fuel lines, etc.), electrical, drive shafts and exhaust (the last two I'll hire out) and if I run out of time there may be some painting or body panels to do.

If you're bored and want to see the last hard bits fall into place feel free to call and swing by. I might not stop to visit much but if you come in work clothes I promise to put you to work.  I'll put on my best Tom Sawyer act in the process.

If you don't know my phone # then just PM me and I'll send it to you.  I should see the PM on my connected email account which I do check periodically while in the garage.

--

'94 Jeep YJ 4.0L, 35" BFGs, Atlas 2 tcase, D44 front, 14b rear, detroit front, ARB rear, 4.56 gears, Warn winch, Onboard air, some rock rash. 

WrenchingSeasonBlog

August 31, 2012 at 8:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

How did it go Philip?  Did you get everything you wanted done?  We need some pictures!

September 3, 2012 at 6:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Flexer

Very close.  Thanks for asking.

I'm very behind on blogging now.  Might have to spend an evening this week catching up while waiting on a few more parts.

0- Removed a bunch of parts for painting and dusty work this weekend.  Covered engine and some other parts to keep overspray down.

1- Fully suspended the buggy on links and coilovers (woot!  Long time in coming)

2- T-case shifters done except for knobs... can't decide what to do for knobs. 

3- Chassis primed and painted (decided to rattle-can instead of powder coat)

4- Replaced several things I removed before painting

Pictures will have to wait.  I can't upload from my Ubuntu box to the forum...and that's my main box at home.  I'll try to get something on the blog soon.  Trust me that a coat of primer and some paint makes it go places. 

--

'94 Jeep YJ 4.0L, 35" BFGs, Atlas 2 tcase, D44 front, 14b rear, detroit front, ARB rear, 4.56 gears, Warn winch, Onboard air, some rock rash. 

WrenchingSeasonBlog

September 3, 2012 at 7:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Flexer

Here's an image very near the current state.  Final assembly is soon.  The image was huge when I directly pulled it in here. 

September 6, 2012 at 12:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

We Be Rockin'

Looking really good Phillip!

--

September 7, 2012 at 4:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

March Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Saturday, Apr 19 All Day
Saturday, Apr 19 at 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Sunday, Apr 20 All Day