Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > Prayer and Praise > India Mission Trip Support

collinsbronco
Limited Member

September 2012

Dear Christian Crawlers,

I hope this letter finds you doing well! I’m excited to share with you something special that is going on with me! God has given me the opportunity to go on a mission trip to South India in just a few months. Lord willing, I will be leaving with a group from my church on December 27th, and will return on January 5th. You may wonder why we’re going to India. Let me share a little about that.

India has more unreached people groups than any nation on earth. There are hundreds of different people groups with their own customs and dialects which have still not been reached with gospel of Christ. Of the one billion people in India, it’s estimated that less than 2% are followers of Jesus. So the need is great.

But the opportunity God has given me is great, too. As we go out to share the gospel in the villages, I will have my own interpreter. People there are generally glad to see Westerners and to be able to speak to them. Our presence provides an open door for conversation. We will be using this opportunity to share with them about the love of Christ and about their need to turn to Him for salvation. After we leave, the local Christians will have opportunities to follow up with those whose hearts God touches. Our prayer is that new churches will begin as new believers begin to meet together and encourage one another.

A highlight of the trip is a mountain hike that we are planning. There are villages scattered along mountaintops that have never been visited by Christians. We are planning to visit some of these villages that are only accessible on foot. This will mean hiking up the mountain one day, sharing the gospel with villagers that evening and the next morning, and then hiking back down.

I’m looking forward to the work that God will do through me on this trip, as well as the work He will do in me. I think I will be forever changed after this experience. To make this trip a reality, I need two things: prayer and financial support. I would really appreciate it if you would consider praying for me and making a donation toward the cost of the trip, which is $ 3,000.

If you would like to pray for me, just email me at thecloers@gmail.com  and I’ll keep you informed of my prayer requests. Send me a note back in the mail if you’d rather get my prayer requests via regular mail.

If you would like to help out financially, you can send a check made out to Faith Journey to 2904 NW 3rd St, Bentonville, AR 72712. You can put my name (Justin Cloer), along with “India Trip” in the memo line of the check. If you’d like to donate online, you can do so at www.faithjourney.us. Just click on the “donate” tab which is under the “About” section of the website. In the description of your payment, include my name, along with “India Trip”. Your donation will be tax-deductible.

I’m looking forward to doing the Lord’s work in India, and sharing all about it when I get back in January. Thanks so much for considering my request.

Sincerely,

Justin Cloer (aka collinsbronco)

September 11, 2012 at 7:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

jeeps4fun

My prayers are going out to you.  I spent 2 weeks in India, about two years ago.  We got back 2 days before Christmas. While there we gave presents to about 2000 kids in orpahanges and bible schools.  We spent most of the time in the city, slums and some out in the "country"  but Never like what you are going to experience!! 

You will see so many amazing, crazy, bizarre and "what the heck" things over there.  They are a PASSIONATE and energetic people.  I will be honest here, I had a lot of preconcieved notions and prejudices to get past on my trip.

Please be careful.  Where you will be travelling will have innate dangers that the places I was did not.  May the hand of God watch over you and those travel with.

I could go on and on, but I don't want to clutter up you thread.  I look forward to hearing how your journey goes.

Oh, and have fun on THAT flight over and back!!

--

September 11, 2012 at 9:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

March Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Thursday, Apr 17 at 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Saturday, Apr 19 All Day
Saturday, Apr 19 at 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM