Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > Moab Expedition 2013 - Planning > Time to start planning for EJS 2013

Lunatic

Update on EJS 2013.  

Currently I have confirmation from Hemi, Nathan Nelson, and Larry to attend.  I have secured housing through Vacation Rentals By Owner (vrbo.com).  This is the same group I used last year and they have a large number of available residences to choose from and are reasonable priced. 

Our plans are the same as last year: Check-in on Saturday, March, 23 and check out on Friday, March, 29th.  This gives everyone the chance to be home for Easter services.  

If you are planning to try to attend this event, please contact me ASAP.  This is an epic adventure that will be unlike anything that you have experienced in the world of wheeling, just ask anyone that has been before.  My guess is that they will be going again this year!!!

--

October 17, 2012 at 10:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

DuRsT
Limited Member

I KNOW I definitely want to go, just need to secure a tow truck/trailer.

WIll keep you posted.

--

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2012 JK - A few odds and ends

October 17, 2012 at 7:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hemi
Limited Member

Its more fun than it looks

October 17, 2012 at 8:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

We Be Rockin'

iT IS A FANTASTIC EXPERIENCE.   Long drive, but worth it.  

--

October 22, 2012 at 1:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

CUOFFRD

I want to go!  I have an '01 Suburban, think I can tow mine with it?

November 30, 2012 at 5:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CUOFFRD

I just booked us a room at Hampton Inn.

December 5, 2012 at 9:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Lunatic

Rich,

This is great news!  Congratulations, you will not regret it.

--

December 6, 2012 at 8:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

We Be Rockin'

Guys, we need to schedule our first Moab Part Duex meeting pretty soon.    Trail registration will be coming up in a few weeks.

Need to start lining out transportation, get housing solidified, that kind of thing.    I'd say in next two weeks?

Need to invite anyone who is or might be interested in going.

December 7, 2012 at 2:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

We Be Rockin'

Just over 4 weeks out from departure to the greatest wheeling on the planet.

Confirmed are:

Nathan N., Jeff, Richard, Larry.

Trails are: Golden Spike, BFE, Pritchett Canyon, Golden Spike, Hells Revenge.

Estimated level of fun: 10.

There is still some lodging and a good selection of trails if you would like to go.

--

February 20, 2013 at 2:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CUOFFRD

I'm ready and excited!  Tried out my trailer this past weekend going to Rush Springs. 

February 21, 2013 at 11:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

We Be Rockin'

Were you pulling it with the Burby?    Also, we're not actually doing golden spike twice, Jeff, what's the other trail?  Behind the rocks? 

The JKOWNERS run is Moab Rim on Wednesday.  I have no desire to run a LONG trail with 50 jeeps, but they are having a get together Wednesday night somewhere that will probably be vendor supported.

--

February 22, 2013 at 1:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CUOFFRD
Yep, she did a good job but not sure how she'll handle the trip to Moab. Slow and steady should do it. I also read there is a Superchips sponsered night run if anyone is interested - http://www.jk-forum.com/moab-144/superchips-4th-annual-night-run-260920/
February 22, 2013 at 3:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Forward

:DI am planning for 2014. I am not quite ready financially yet. I am guessing this will be about $2500 for me and my Jeep?

--
February 28, 2013 at 10:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

We Be Rockin'
Looking about $1000 for fuel, which can be split if u find somebody to split a trailer with, Lodging between $250 (camping) to whatever u want to spend. I'm paying $85 a night for a middle of the road hotel, but u can split costs on a house for not much more. Food, can be cheap if willing to eat in. Trails are about $50 a day. I'm looking around $2200 solo this trip, excluding Breakage!
February 28, 2013 at 1:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

We Be Rockin'

I looked at that Superchips run.  It's a blackout run, no lights, so would be interesting.  Thy won't disclose the trail yet but last year it was fins and things, so could be fun.  what you do you guys think?

--

February 28, 2013 at 11:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

We Be Rockin'

Well, great news.  Just found out that Philip and his family will be in Moab while we are there, and also Ken Phasey (almost new member) has decided to go and bring along his super cool Big Yellow Jeep.  Woohoo, that makes 6 rigs from the CC4x4 group making the trip.  That's pretty good representation from a Lil' old 4x4 club in NW Arkansas!

Do please pray for us that God will bless our trip and allow us the opportunity to share his word through our words, deeds, and actions.

Jeff is planning on working the vendor fair hard for new sponsors for RTO and the Club.

I know Satan is really fighting me on this trip, so I can only assume we will be a part of something great.

March 4, 2013 at 10:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

CUOFFRD
1 week from today and we'll be in Moab! I can't wait!
March 16, 2013 at 10:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Lunatic

We need to plan to meet on Tuesday to discuss departure times, travel, etc.  was thinking about 6pm.  Let me know your thoughts.  Will also send out via text later today.

--

March 17, 2013 at 3:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CUOFFRD
Ken and I will be loading up on Tuesday after work. We may be able to make it later but don't want to miss out on the daylight.
March 17, 2013 at 7:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

We Be Rockin'

Thanks to Scott T major wiring changes are behind us, driveshaft is on, skids are on, hood is closed.   Tonight Safari straps go back on, good cleaning, lube all the way around.  Looking good to be on the trailer Wednesday.

March 18, 2013 at 10:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

March Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Thursday, Apr 17 at 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Saturday, Apr 19 All Day
Saturday, Apr 19 at 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM