Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > Club News > Rogers Christmas Parade - December 3rd

Trailfrog
Site Owner

We are registered to participate in the Rogers Christmas parade.  I should be receiving more information from the parade organizers as far as a meeting location soon.  We will need to be lined up at 6pm on Monday, December 3rd.  The parade starts at 7pm.  You will need Christmas lights on your vehicle to participate.  The theme is Winter Wonderland.  Please post here and let us know if you will participate.

November 19, 2012 at 1:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ghost Rider
Well be there
November 19, 2012 at 8:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Discombobulated
You know I'm in
--
A lift, wheels, tires and stuff
November 19, 2012 at 9:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

jeeps4fun

Have to be street legal to participate?

--

November 20, 2012 at 10:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Lunatic

We I'll be there.

--

November 21, 2012 at 9:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

jeeps4fun at November 20, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Have to be street legal to participate?

I think probably so.

November 21, 2012 at 10:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ghost Rider
Do you know where and when we are meeting yet
November 22, 2012 at 4:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

I checked with the parade organizers and they have not sent out line up instructions yet.  They will finalize the line up on Thursday and will email me with instructions after that.

November 27, 2012 at 1:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CUOFFRD
I plan to attend. I'm not good at decorating, do we just tape lights on the Jeep?
November 27, 2012 at 3:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

We Be Rockin'

Randy, I'm hoping to attend depending on the weather.  My top won't be fixed till Jan, so if there's percipitation i'll probably pass.

--

November 27, 2012 at 11:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

CUOFFRD at November 27, 2012 at 3:55 PM

I plan to attend. I'm not good at decorating, do we just tape lights on the Jeep?

Just attach lights anyway you can.  I use zip ties where I can and tape other places.

November 28, 2012 at 9:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Forward

Wal mart sells a product called " command strips" they will stick to almost anything and can be removed with no trace left behind. There are several differant types to choose from. I think they would make great light hangers for your ride.:D

--
November 28, 2012 at 9:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Decipticon

I am in

November 28, 2012 at 8:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Some inspiration

You need Adobe Flash Player to view this content.

Remember, parade rules state no Santa's can be displayed except by the "official" Santa float.

xxx

November 28, 2012 at 10:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

duke 2001
Limited Member
You can count us in.
November 29, 2012 at 6:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

2012 Rogers Community Christmas Parade

Sponsored by Crossland Construction Company, Inc.

Monday, December 3, 2012

Line up by 6 p.m., Starting at 6:45 p.m.

Thank you for participating in the 2012 Rogers Community Christmas Parade sponsored by Crossland Construction Company, and hosted by Main Street Rogers. 

Entry:         Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club      

Line-up #: 36

Your Parade lineup number is listed above. Please print this number on a sheet of paper.  Please place this number on the right-hand side of tow vehicle’s windshield.

If you have not yet submitted the text about your entry that will be read by the emcees, please do so by 10 a.m. on Monday, Dec. 3 – OR WE WILL READ YOUR ENTRY NAME ONLY.

1.   Each entry will be limited to 100 feet & 1 motorized vehicle.

2.   As a safety precaution, ABSOLUTELY NO CANDY OR OTHER ITEMS MAY BE THROWN from any entry.  Units violating this request will be dismissed from the parade route.

3.   All lighting, props, and participants must be in place no later than 6 p.m. for presentation to the judges in order to be in consideration for one of the four category winners. Remember, there are many entries to judge and the process will take time. Final judging will occur as the entries pass by the Frisco Stage and winners will be announced and contacted the day after the parade.

4.   Main Street Rogers is responsible for the “Santa Claus” entry.  Santa may NOT be included as any part of your entry.

5.   All floats and decorated vehicles MUST HAVE LIGHTS and be decorated in appropriate holiday decorations.

6.   Line up will take place on S. Fifth Street – with entry Number 1 located at the corner of Fifth and Poplar, and units lining up southward towards Olrich Street.  Numbered markers will be placed along the line-up area in increments of 10.  If your entry number is 7, your line-up location will be between the numbered marker 1 and 10.  The line-up crew, wearing bright orange vests, will also be located along Fifth Street to help with any questions.  Please be courteous to your fellow parade entries and participants.7.   Two-way traffic on Fifth Street will NOT be permitted after 5 p.m.  Traffic will only flow north.

8.   Marching bands will meet in the playground area at Frank Tillery School, and be inserted by the line-up crew at the appropriate location in the parade line-up.

9.   “Street Guards” wearing bright orange vests, will be monitoring the parade route.  These volunteers are authorized by Main Street Rogers to monitor the parade flow, and may ask you to adjust your speed accordingly.  They will also prevent the spectators from crowding into the parade route.  Please be respectful to these volunteers.  Without them, the parade could not happen.

10.  Please forward or copy this information to distribute to all participants in your entry.  It is extremely helpful to the line-up crew in directing participants to the correct location.

11.  DISBANDING INFORMATION:

a.   All walking/marching units will turn left (south) on Sixth Street to the Tillery Elementary School playground to disband.  Parents/guardians will be able to pick up their children at this location.

b.   All vehicles will turn left (south) on Seventh Street and proceed to the Rogers Heritage High parking lot for disbandment.

c.    For safety purposes, do not allow any person to leave your float/vehicle until you reach the Rogers Heritage High parking lot.

November 29, 2012 at 6:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ghost Rider
So are we going to meet somewhere and head over as a group or what is the plan
November 30, 2012 at 3:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Let's just meet there as close to 5:45 as we can.  See #6 above for location to line up.

December 1, 2012 at 9:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

March Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Thursday Apr 24 - Sunday Apr 27
Thursday May 1 - Monday May 5
Thursday May 8 - Saturday May 10