Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > 4x4 Events > Quick Trip - Mark Twain National Forest

arveetek

My girls were out of the house today, so my little boy, Jonah (2.5 years old), and I went on a short little trip down to Cassville, MO.  I can't believe I've lived in SW MO my whole life, and have never driven on the Scenic Byway in the Mark Twain National Forest.  It goes between Roaring River State Park and Eagle Rock, MO.  It's only an 8 mile drive, but it's a very scenic drive on well-maintained forest roads.  It's especially beautiful this time of year, since the leaves are off the trees and you can actually see for quite a long distance!

Jonah didn't care for the noise of the air compressor when we stopped at Eagle Rock to air back up:

And Jonah saw Table Rock Lake for the first time!

Then I took Jonah to see the National Fish Hatchery at Roaring River State Park:

We had a very good Daddy - son trip, and we got to see some new trails!  I want to go back to Mark Twain and check out some of the other trails we saw.

Casey

--

95 Chevy Tahoe 2 door, 6.5L turbodiesel, 285/75R16 Kenda Klever M/T's on Toyota steelies, some other goodies.  Overlanding Fun

December 27, 2012 at 11:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

April Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Thursday Apr 24 - Sunday Apr 27
Thursday May 1 - Monday May 5
Thursday May 8 - Saturday May 10