Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > Parts Wanted > Need DOM and Plexiglas

We Be Rockin'
Hey guys, trying to finish up a couple projects on the jeep and need your help. I need two 4 1/2 foot pieces of DOM or CHROMOLY DOM. Also need a piece of quarter inch plexi cut and punched full of holes. I found the plexi but they want $4 per hole to drill it!! I'm in Bentonville area. Let me know if you know where i can get this stuff.
--

March 3, 2013 at 3:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Decipticon

I have a piece of plexi what size do you need

March 3, 2013 at 9:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Flexer

What's your application?  Polycarbonate (Lexan) is much easier to machine and has some other good attributes (...like not brittle).   I used it for my firewall. 

I have some leftover somewhere...but not a lot.  It ain't cheap but since it's easy to machine maybe it's worth the difference...?

--

'94 Jeep YJ 4.0L, 35" BFGs, Atlas 2 tcase, D44 front, 14b rear, detroit front, ARB rear, 4.56 gears, Warn winch, Onboard air, some rock rash. 

WrenchingSeasonBlog

March 3, 2013 at 5:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

We Be Rockin'

Hey guys, thanks for the offers.   Looking for a 30 x 14 approx.  Could vary a little either way.   

Any thoughts on whether HREW would work in place of DOM on an Exo cage?   

March 4, 2013 at 10:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

vbtj
Limited Member

Larry how much DOM you needing and what size? I have some but not much but I can get it anytime just takes a week to get usually. Let me know if I can help

--

Rock Solid Fabworks    479-414-1246

Specializing in one-off fabrication with in house CNC plasma cutting.

March 4, 2013 at 6:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

We Be Rockin'

was looking for 1.75, two 48" pieces, but I think due to the time crunch I'm going to use some 1.5 available in Bentonville, may come back to the 1.75 later.

thank you for offering!

March 5, 2013 at 12:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

vbtj
Limited Member

I have some 1.75" if you change your mind. I almost always have 1 or 2 sticks laying around.

--

Rock Solid Fabworks    479-414-1246

Specializing in one-off fabrication with in house CNC plasma cutting.

March 5, 2013 at 1:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Flexer

I highly advise against using HREW.  Hot Rolled Electric Weld (HREW) steel tube does NOT have the same dimensional stability nor the structural strength of Drawn Over Mandrel (DOM) Steel. There are different kinds of DOM as well which you should also be aware of...

Here is one (of many) examples of wisdom on the web in this regard:

http://forum.chumpcar.com/index.php?/topic/3985-dom-vs-hrew/

--

'94 Jeep YJ 4.0L, 35" BFGs, Atlas 2 tcase, D44 front, 14b rear, detroit front, ARB rear, 4.56 gears, Warn winch, Onboard air, some rock rash. 

WrenchingSeasonBlog

March 5, 2013 at 10:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

We Be Rockin'

Flexer at March 3, 2013 at 5:38 PM

What's your application?  Polycarbonate (Lexan) is much easier to machine and has some other good attributes (...like not brittle).   I used it for my firewall. 

I have some leftover somewhere...but not a lot.  It ain't cheap but since it's easy to machine maybe it's worth the difference...?

Philip, how big a piece do you have?

March 7, 2013 at 6:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

March Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Thursday, Apr 17 at 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Saturday, Apr 19 All Day
Saturday, Apr 19 at 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM