Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > Modifications > MRBD Exhaust questions

Scott Ray
Limited Member

I've got a 2008 JKU and I'm considering some performance improvements since I'm going to be putting 35" tires on it soon. It's been recommended to me that I look at a catback exhaust upgrade since I already have a CAI. MRBD seems to be a popular choice. Anyone running a catback? Any real performance or fuel improvements?

--

The more clutter I remove from my life, the more clarity I find in it.

March 4, 2013 at 2:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

We Be Rockin'

Just my personnel opinion, but if you look at output (performance) vs. input (cash), it's not remotely worth it.  You can relocate and upgrade your current exhaust to a much better sounding muffler for well under $100 and get your engine breathing a little better.   To get your jeep to perform on 35's, look for 4.88 gears to regain performance.  Then, when you move to 37's, you'll need 5.13's.   By then,  for true performance, you should probably save your cash for a superchargerl

March 5, 2013 at 12:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hemi
Limited Member

I have an MRB muffler on my rig. I did it because the stock muffler was getting beat up by trail runs. It's relocated between the frame rails, and does the job. I also run a superchip and a snorkel which is effectivel a CAI.

Are there performance improvements? Well, I have 5.13 gears, 35" tires, the snorkel, superchip, and muffler and have better power (mostly the gears) and slightly better mileage than stock. The muffler will not pay for itself in gas savings. But, as part of the overall plan, its a logical step - especially if you beat on the stock one.

March 5, 2013 at 1:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

March Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Saturday, Apr 19 All Day
Saturday, Apr 19 at 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Sunday, Apr 20 All Day