Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > Parts Wanted > Need a Plastic Endcap for Stock JK Bumper

Matt Howell
Limited Member

I dented/broke my front right one. If one of y'all have a spare to give away or sell very cheap that'd be great. Otherwise I'm probably going to buy this stubby endcap kit http://www.quadratec.com/products/12106_0004_07.htm

Thanks

-Matt

--

1995 YJ - 2.5" Old Man Emu lift, 32's, 2.5L I4 (Trail Rig)

2013 JKU Sahara - 33" Cooper Discover ATPs, VDP Stubby Kit, Pretty much stock (Daily Driver)

March 5, 2013 at 12:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Matt Howell
Limited Member

Assuming it's possible to replace just one plastic part alone and not have to replace the entire bumper. 

--

2013 JKU Sahara - 33" Cooper Discover ATPs, VDP Stubby Kit, Pretty much stock (Daily Driver)

March 5, 2013 at 12:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

NWA_WJ
Hey Matt, from the pics of the stubby end cap kit it looks like you will have to cut your factory end caps off & install the stubby kit. If you decide to go this route I have a sawzall and live right down the road from the U of A.
--

2001 WJ, 4.7L V8, 3" Iron Rock Offroad lift, 17" JK Moab wheels, 32" BFG M/T KM's, Detroit TrueTrac LSD front, Spartan locker rear

March 5, 2013 at 5:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Forward

I am guessing you are looking for a free one? I have a friend that just put a new bumper on his wifes JK. i dont know if it was strait or not. I will look for you and if it is good maybe someone going to Superlift would bring it north for you. I do like the stubby.

March 5, 2013 at 7:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

The front bumper is all one molded piece so you will need to replace the entire bumper or mod it and use the after market end caps.  The after market end caps are an economical fix.  The problem is if you replace with another factory bumper you will probably have the same problem again.

March 5, 2013 at 9:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Matt Howell
Limited Member

Thanks for the replies. 

Sounds like I should go with the stubby.

--

March 5, 2013 at 9:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Matt Howell
Limited Member

NWA_WJ at March 5, 2013 at 5:37 AM

Hey Matt, from the pics of the stubby end cap kit it looks like you will have to cut your factory end caps off & install the stubby kit. If you decide to go this route I have a sawzall and live right down the road from the U of A.

Awesome! If I buy the stubby kit I'll contact you. Thanks

--

March 5, 2013 at 9:47 AM Flag Quote & Reply

NWA_WJ
Feel free to call or text me 479-530-6842
--

2001 WJ, 4.7L V8, 3" Iron Rock Offroad lift, 17" JK Moab wheels, 32" BFG M/T KM's, Detroit TrueTrac LSD front, Spartan locker rear

March 5, 2013 at 10:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

11JKU
Limited Member

I was thinking about the stubby kit too, but think I'll hold off til I get new altogether. e-autogrilles vendor on e-bay has some pretty inexpensive sets. (like <500 for front/back) ont he JK forum there is some good/bad? reviews on them but apparently there is a vendor in the states that sells the same ones with better reputation. I personally would rather have a mid-width or full bumper...too many deer around here.

March 6, 2013 at 11:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Matt Howell
Limited Member

11JKU at March 6, 2013 at 11:04 AM

I was thinking about the stubby kit too, but think I'll hold off til I get new altogether. e-autogrilles vendor on e-bay has some pretty inexpensive sets. (like <500 for front/back) ont he JK forum there is some good/bad? reviews on them but apparently there is a vendor in the states that sells the same ones with better reputation. I personally would rather have a mid-width or full bumper...too many deer around here.

Yeah I feel the same way, but the stubby kit is simply the cheapest solution that looks good. Since I wont be wheeling with my JK, I don't need the protection as much. I'll just have to risk it with deer ha

--

March 6, 2013 at 12:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

duke 2001
Limited Member

there is a jk front and rear plastic bumper listed on Craigslist today.

March 6, 2013 at 8:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

March Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Thursday, Apr 17 at 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Saturday, Apr 19 All Day
Saturday, Apr 19 at 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM