Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > Other > What tires are you running??

NWA_WJ

I am looking for a new set of tires for my '01 Grand Cherokee.  I am looking at 255/75/17 & 285/70/17.  I like the Goodyear Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar.  I have heard a few instances of them being hard to balance b/c of the kevlar.  I am considering multiple tires, but I am leaning towards the MT/R. What are you guys running & how pleased are you with your tires.  Thanks

--

2001 WJ, 4.7L V8, 3" Iron Rock Offroad lift, 17" JK Moab wheels, 32" BFG M/T KM's, Detroit TrueTrac LSD front, Spartan locker rear

March 7, 2013 at 12:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

11JKU
Limited Member

I just picked up 33/12.50R15 Goodyear Duratracs. I only have my spare so far (rest come in tomorrow) thats about a 285 equiv. in size. I can post pics when I get them all in. Granted, I have them on a JKU. I think 33 (285) is a great size.

March 7, 2013 at 8:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Forward

I run 33x12.50x15 BFG KM2s and love them. They are not loud on the road and grip just about anything I put them on. On the trail I run about 10 psi w/o beadlocks and have not had any issues on an 8 in rim. they seem to wear very well. I run them at about 26 psi on the road.  If I go with a 35s on my next set I will go with the same tire.

--
March 7, 2013 at 9:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

11JKU
Limited Member

Got them in and installed today, aggressive looking AT. I like them a lot :) 1000% improvement over the stock ones I had. In your situation, I guess it all boils down to what your mostly going to do with your cherokee. DD with some occasional offroading not sure I'd personally go with a MT unless its a short daily commute then it'd be pure asthetics. I havent' put but 10 miles on my new shoes, so can't attest to how well they hold up to anything, but online reviews they are one of the best. I'm going to try to make the monthly meeting next week, if you want to check them out.

March 9, 2013 at 12:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

March Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Sunday, Apr 20 All Day
Thursday Apr 24 - Sunday Apr 27
Thursday May 1 - Monday May 5