Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > 4x4 Events > Easy Guided Trail Run: Wheeling World, May 3 - May 5

Lunatic

I talked to Dale this weekend and they will be providing guides for stock to slightly modified rigs this coming weekend at Wheeling World in Eureka Springs.  This would be a great opportunity for some of our new members who are wanting to learn more about their rigs and their capabilities.  These runs will be on the lower rated trails and should be a lot of fun.  Rich and I were at the park this Saturday and it was in really good condition considering all the rain.  We had a nice time until I tried an ill-advised turnaround at the top of the Fence Line trail and found myself in a rather unusual position after sliding about 5 feet on loose mud!!!  Just goes to show you, you can roll a jeep just about anywhere if you aren't careful.  Thankfully, we were able to get a winch line to a tree and save what was about to become a really bad experience.  Believe me, I heard plenty about my driving skills from the two ladies in my Jeep (Carolyn and Lane)!!  Anyway, shouldn't be any concerns for this type stuff next weekend.  Post up if you are interested and we will make sure that we have someone from the club familiar with the park to accompany.

--

April 28, 2013 at 11:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Flexer

Maybe a better title is: Great learning experience run! 

If the weather holds up I might take 'Bob' for this run.  I'm itchin' to get back on some trails.  Moab was awesome but it took a while to recover.

--

'94 Jeep YJ 4.0L, 35" BFGs, Atlas 2 tcase, D44 front, 14b rear, detroit front, ARB rear, 4.56 gears, Warn winch, Onboard air, some rock rash. 

WrenchingSeasonBlog

April 29, 2013 at 8:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

JeepEng
Well if all my plans fall thru , I might be up for it !! Any times for when things are gonna get fired up ?
May 2, 2013 at 12:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Lunatic

At this point, I am not going to make this trip.  Weather is not going to be very favorable.

--

May 3, 2013 at 7:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Flexer

Yup, no weather love.  Looks like a garage weekend for me!

--

'94 Jeep YJ 4.0L, 35" BFGs, Atlas 2 tcase, D44 front, 14b rear, detroit front, ARB rear, 4.56 gears, Warn winch, Onboard air, some rock rash. 

WrenchingSeasonBlog

May 3, 2013 at 8:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

JeepEng
So is anyone headed out today ? Wouldn't mind getting some trail time. Text me if you are 479-466-7147 thanks Rick
May 5, 2013 at 8:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

March Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Thursday, Apr 17 at 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Saturday, Apr 19 All Day
Sunday, Apr 20 All Day