Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > Modifications > Rig Updates!!!

JeepEng

Time to tell all about ANY recent mods that youve done !!! Built or bought , major to minor , lets hear it !!! Post up your pics too !!!

May 16, 2013 at 9:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

JeepEng

Hmmmm ........... where do i start ?? Recently purchased and installed a new Supertop NX , ( really dig the sunrider feature ) installed the Cobra 75 cb .....(the little silver box that you mount out of sight fits perfectly behind where the ashtray was removed by the factory) Finally got a matching wheel and a new fullsize spare. Currently I am revitalizing the set of used 7 " flares I bought with some Krylon Fusion paint. Also touching up the Kongo Kage before the summer install. Sorry for no pics, I havent figured out how to post them from my iPhone.

May 16, 2013 at 9:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

CUOFFRD
RockHard sports cage and Spider Web Shade. No pics
May 16, 2013 at 10:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

We Be Rockin'

Rich, what about that nifty Artec truss you purchased for the front?

--

May 17, 2013 at 3:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CUOFFRD
Haven't installed yet. Still weighing choices between building stock 44 or go with PR44.
May 17, 2013 at 10:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

11JKU
Limited Member

Nothing major since my new wheels and tires, but I did make myself a set of grab handles out of paracord. I like the rear ones fine, but think a redesign for the fronts is coming. (I do not like the location - bolted one end to windshield frame by the sun visor)

May 18, 2013 at 4:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

JeepEng
Got the Kongo Kage with the Rage roof basket all bolted up this morning. Gonna have to alter the factory tire carrier again to fit the 33" spare in between the safari tailgate basket / gerry can holder. Then I'll be ready for the 4 day overland trip !!!
May 19, 2013 at 3:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Discombobulated
Complete axle swaps on mine and Rick Terry's rigs this weekend.
--
A lift, wheels, tires and stuff
May 19, 2013 at 11:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Forward

JeepEng at May 19, 2013 at 3:14 PM

Got the Kongo Kage with the Rage roof basket all bolted up this morning. Gonna have to alter the factory tire carrier again to fit the 33" spare in between the safari tailgate basket / gerry can holder. Then I'll be ready for the 4 day overland trip !!!

Any Photos? i am looking into some of the same stuff for my TJ.

--
May 24, 2013 at 12:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Decipticon

Axels on and new wheels on just need to fix hydrulic steer now

May 25, 2013 at 12:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

JeepEng
I can't post pics but would be more than happy to send via email or text. Just message me and I'll send em to ya.
May 25, 2013 at 12:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Lunatic

New air bump stops sitting in the garage.  Hope to get them mounted tomorrow.

--

May 25, 2013 at 12:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Flexer

Stronger springs up front on the blue pig.  DONE!  

--

'94 Jeep YJ 4.0L, 35" BFGs, Atlas 2 tcase, D44 front, 14b rear, detroit front, ARB rear, 4.56 gears, Warn winch, Onboard air, some rock rash. 

WrenchingSeasonBlog

May 26, 2013 at 11:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Lunatic

Lunatic at May 25, 2013 at 12:51 AM

New air bump stops sitting in the garage.  Hope to get them mounted tomorrow.

Done.

--

May 28, 2013 at 6:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

11JKU
Limited Member

I did a lil bumper mod last weekend...rubbed a stump out at Rush springs :O the wife wasn't too happy about it. Goes to show how squishy those plastic caps are, she was with me and didn't notice we'd bumped it.

June 1, 2013 at 8:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

NWA_WJ

Over the last few months I have made some changes on my rig.  I got tired of the silver Moab wheels so I painted them metallic charcoal grey using duplicolor wheel paint & clear coat, installed a set of 32" BFG M/T's, front and rear Rugged Ridge all terrain floor mats, Detroit Truetrac limited slip in the dana 30, Spartan lunch box locker in the dana 44, & a Superchips Flashpaq programmer.

Parts I have yet to install- Rough Country sway bar quick disconnects, Cobra WX ST 75 cb w/Wilson flex antenna, & a Smittybilt XRC8 comp series winch w/synthetic rope(need a bumper for this one)

I am also weighing my options on transfercase replacements. 

--

2001 WJ, 4.7L V8, 3" Iron Rock Offroad lift, 17" JK Moab wheels, 32" BFG M/T KM's, Detroit TrueTrac LSD front, Spartan locker rear

August 3, 2013 at 10:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

NWA_WJ at August 3, 2013 at 10:01 PM

Over the last few months I have made some changes on my rig.  I got tired of the silver Moab wheels so I painted them metallic charcoal grey using duplicolor wheel paint & clear coat, installed a set of 32" BFG M/T's, front and rear Rugged Ridge all terrain floor mats, Detroit Truetrac limited slip in the dana 30, Spartan lunch box locker in the dana 44, & a Superchips Flashpaq programmer.

Parts I have yet to install- Rough Country sway bar quick disconnects, Cobra WX ST 75 cb w/Wilson flex antenna, & a Smittybilt XRC8 comp series winch w/synthetic rope(need a bumper for this one)

Sounds like you're getting ready for Rock the Ozarks?  You going to make it this year?

August 6, 2013 at 11:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

My Jeep has sat mostly untouched since December!  :(  We drive it around town now and then.  Life has been busy, and funds have been down.

My Tahoe has gotten new shoes, however.  Hope to do a little suspension work soon as well, if funds allow.

Casey

--

95 Chevy Tahoe 2 door, 6.5L turbodiesel, 285/75R16 Kenda Klever M/T's on Toyota steelies, some other goodies.  Overlanding Fun

August 7, 2013 at 8:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

NWA_WJ

Trailfrog at August 6, 2013 at 11:27 PM

NWA_WJ at August 3, 2013 at 10:01 PM

Sounds like you're getting ready for Rock the Ozarks?  You going to make it this year?

I would like to make it. I've been with work so it's going to be a last minute decision. I've got to get this t-case situation figured out.
--

2001 WJ, 4.7L V8, 3" Iron Rock Offroad lift, 17" JK Moab wheels, 32" BFG M/T KM's, Detroit TrueTrac LSD front, Spartan locker rear

August 7, 2013 at 10:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Forward

I am adding a trailer brake controller this week to the TJ.

August 13, 2013 at 4:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

April Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Thursday Apr 24 - Sunday Apr 27
Thursday May 1 - Monday May 5
Thursday May 8 - Saturday May 10