Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > Modifications > Rig Updates!!!

Greg S. - 99 TJ
Limited Member

Pulled the fenders and painted them.  My DD wanted Hot Pink but I settled for Black.      And the 2" Skyjacker spacer lift with hydros arrives Monday along with a steering stabilizer.          On another note, I have the AX15 Manual Transmission and was going to changes the fluid.  Any tips on getting the fill bolt off. I read that i need to make sure I can get that off before draining (thank goodness).  I was trying the 15/16 socket but with no avail.  I bought a open/closed end wrench to give it a try and need to dig up a cheater bar as well.

August 17, 2013 at 11:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

Installed a Roadmaster Active Suspension on the rear of my Tahoe last night.  It's basically a coiled helper spring that installs easily with no drilling or removing of OEM parts.

After cranking the front torsion bars to help clear my 33's, the truck sat level.  But after adding any cargo (especially when loaded for my overland trips), or when towing a trailer, the rear had quite a bit of squat.  I didn't want to put a full lift kit on, or use lift blocks, and I wasn't crazy about an add-a-leaf, so I tried this product.

So far, I'm extremely pleased!  It gave me a 1" lift right away, which is perfect... right where I want to be.  Initial tests show that when loaded or hooking on a heavy trailer, no more squat!  And the ride seems to be great as well.

If you have a leaf spring rear suspension, and need  a litle more carrying capacity or just a slight lift, check them out!

Roadmaster Active Suspension

Casey

--

95 Chevy Tahoe 2 door, 6.5L turbodiesel, 285/75R16 Kenda Klever M/T's on Toyota steelies, some other goodies.  Overlanding Fun

September 10, 2013 at 9:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

NWA_WJ

Finally installed my cb system. I went with a cobra 75 wx st, firestik coax with firering, a firestik mount, and a Wilson 3 ft flex antenna.

--

2001 WJ, 4.7L V8, 3" Iron Rock Offroad lift, 17" JK Moab wheels, 32" BFG M/T KM's, Detroit TrueTrac LSD front, Spartan locker rear

September 23, 2013 at 11:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

NWA_WJ
Last week I installed front & rear power stop cross drilled & slotted rotors with power stop z36 heavy duty brake pads. I am very pleased with how they perform. I also installed a rough country winch mount & a smittybilt 8k comp series winch with syn rope.
--

2001 WJ, 4.7L V8, 3" Iron Rock Offroad lift, 17" JK Moab wheels, 32" BFG M/T KM's, Detroit TrueTrac LSD front, Spartan locker rear

October 8, 2013 at 12:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

JeepEng
Last weekend I applied some custom brush scratches and a blown rear shock !!!
October 8, 2013 at 11:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

NWA_WJ
I also added some custom brush scratches, rock rash on driver's side rocker and 1 wheel, and my right front fender made friends with a tree. When did your shock blow??
--

October 9, 2013 at 12:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Sounds like a fun weekend, where did y'all go?

--

May neither drought nor rain nor blizzard disturb the joy juice in your gizzard! And may you camp where wind won’t hit you, where snakes won’t bite and bears won’t get you.   - Anonymous

October 9, 2013 at 8:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

NWA_WJ
Devil's den. We thought it was supposed to stop raining around noon. It decided to start raining again while attempting a hill climb which made it interesting. My rear diff kept hanging on a large rock & the slick conditions made it difficult to get over, but with some help from Rick England & Justin Cloer I was able to make it. There have been some new trails cut on the west side & we intend to do more exploring of the trails & rate them.
--

October 9, 2013 at 9:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

JeepEng
$10 sway bar discos installed today. Took it over a lil twist in the field and it now has about 6" of extra droop and into the fenders now. It really made a difference !!!
--
October 12, 2013 at 7:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

11JKU
Limited Member

I plastidipped my front grill last week. Looks pretty good i think :)

--

October 14, 2013 at 12:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

JeepEng
Well I finally got to use the Club discount. Slapping on some new Rubicon Express rear shocks and a steering stabilizer today from 4WD. Then gonna get prepped for next weekend !!!!
October 19, 2013 at 12:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

I put the hard top back on the Jeep today.  It's been getting pretty cool out lately.

Changed the oil and checked fluids on the Tahoe.  Getting her prepped for next week's trip as well.

Casey

--

95 Chevy Tahoe 2 door, 6.5L turbodiesel, 285/75R16 Kenda Klever M/T's on Toyota steelies, some other goodies.  Overlanding Fun

October 19, 2013 at 10:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

11JKU
Limited Member

Turned the JKU into a minivan! Got my 3rd row installed. The boy loves it anyway :)

--

October 22, 2013 at 10:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Forward

Well, I can’t afford to work on my stuff right now. That being said, I called up a friend that has a CJ5 that needs to be on the trails. I think it only needs some small stuff done to get it trail ready. He agreed to let me get it trail ready for him so I hooked up the trailer and picked it up from his shop a few weeks ago. I will post what I find and how I fix it as it comes up. I am always open to positive criticism and suggestions so feel free to give your 2 cents but be nice. Remember there is more than one way to do something right and a lot of ways to do it wrong.

--
October 28, 2013 at 11:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Lunatic

11JKU - Did you use the spray-on plasti-dip?  If so, where did you purchase and what color?

--

October 29, 2013 at 8:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

11JKU
Limited Member

Yes, I used rattle can purchased from the home depot (paint section) i used black. I removed the grill (took all of 3 minutes) cleaned with denatured alcohol and did 5-6 light coats. It took about 1.5 cans, but after it fully dried think it could have used another coat or 2. Regardless, it looks pretty good as is so haven't fussed over it.

HD has black, white and an orangy red in stock, if you were considering an alternate color. I believe you can order differnt colors now or purchase a kit that you can pretty much make any color you want. Don't like it, peel it off!

-Jeremy

--

November 3, 2013 at 1:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

STEVEN B

I got the first of my winter project done. I took a weekend off from hunting and worked on the jeep. I put Chrome Moly shafts front and rear, Reid flat top knuckles that allowed me to run the older style 1/2 ton lock out hubs and bigger brakes. CTM joints and 4:56 gears.

December 26, 2013 at 8:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

STEVEN B

i can't figure out how to make the pics show up without clicking on the link. :/

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hc55rxa8o3xri0u/2013-12-26%2019.47.28.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y5b6fsxrpmob552/2013-12-26%2019.47.40.jpg

December 26, 2013 at 8:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

JeepEng
Well , my latest update is my bank account drop !! Ordered a ton of parts that will be making their way to my rig soon !! 4.88 / Detroits F&R / Spectre CAI / River Raider Snorkel / Currie 4" Springs / ZJ steering PORC SYE with 2 rear CV style rear driveshafts. Let the wrench fest begin !!!
February 2, 2014 at 11:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

STEVEN B

Hey Rick take some good pics of the snorkel set up you are doing. I am interested in doing that to mine. Looking forward to seeing how yours turns out.

--

”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.”

February 3, 2014 at 7:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

March Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Sunday, Apr 20 All Day
Thursday Apr 24 - Sunday Apr 27
Thursday May 1 - Monday May 5