Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > 4x4 Events > Pre-Father's day run?

Decipticon

well i will not be able to go to smoor this weekend but i will be able to go out with you guys for awhile if you have room

June 10, 2013 at 7:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

jeeps4fun
Phillip and I were kicking around the idea of Cass over Rush. Seems to me there are more difficult trails at Cass to explore. Thoughts?
--

June 10, 2013 at 2:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ridinwitcj73

I won't be makin it out this weekend. Will be changing oil, tranny fluid and other final checks on my rig. Have fun an see you on the 22nd. 

June 10, 2013 at 6:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Flexer

Cass is the word.  So far it looks like Decipticon, jeeps4fun, JeepEng and me for Cass...

3 of us are coming from the B'ville area and JeepEng is coming from the South...  Is there a good place to hook up for Cass?  From B'Ville we could hook up at Pleasant grove Walmart...plenty-o-trailer room and a source for lunch material... and gas.

I'm a fan of getting moving early... what time does Byrd's open?  Anyone?

--

'94 Jeep YJ 4.0L, 35" BFGs, Atlas 2 tcase, D44 front, 14b rear, detroit front, ARB rear, 4.56 gears, Warn winch, Onboard air, some rock rash. 

WrenchingSeasonBlog

June 10, 2013 at 9:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Lunatic

I am working to get my RTO/SMORR business done before Saturday.  If so, I will be n for a Cass run.  I also am in favor of an early depart.  The earlier the better.

--

June 12, 2013 at 9:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Decipticon

We need to keep going to rush to discover more trails and to find some trails we would like to cut this fall and winter,,,, being this is our home park and it won't be long before we will be hosting there....

June 12, 2013 at 5:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Flexer

I hear you Rick.  I've gone to Rush twice in the last month... I'm sure I'll hit it again this Summer...I could use a change of scenery...so Cass is best this time I think.  I also think there will be better buggy-play-areas at Cass than at Rush... (although Bouldergeist is the right idea)...

--

'94 Jeep YJ 4.0L, 35" BFGs, Atlas 2 tcase, D44 front, 14b rear, detroit front, ARB rear, 4.56 gears, Warn winch, Onboard air, some rock rash. 

WrenchingSeasonBlog

June 12, 2013 at 6:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Lunatic

I think you should take the blue pig up the spillway below the lake at Rush the next time we are therei.  I scouted this area last summer and Nathan and I both thought a well equipped buggy would have some fun on it.

--

June 12, 2013 at 10:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Flexer

Ok.  Here's my plan unless overridden.

8:00 - 8:30 I plan to grab some grub at WaffleHouse on MLK in Fville.  If you're late don't order I'm sure they aren't that fast.

There is a gas station next door and a mc-d's just down the way if you need gas or want an alternative faster breakfast.

Directions: Take 540 to exit 62, head East (toward campus) plenty o parking _behind_ Waffle House or in the shopping strip mall just to the east.

I plan to leave the parking lot at 9:00 if you'd rather not eat there.  If we've already left at 9:00 then you were late!  

I plan to take MLK East from Fville until I turn right, then turn left, then you can't miss it. Google actually knows the way to Byrd's without help.

If you'd like to hook up send me a private message and I'll send you my cell phone number.

I'm guessing we'll be at Byrd's around 10:00 ready to hit the trail if you don't catch us in F'ville.  Do let me know if you want me to look for you and you'd like to follow or whatever.  Cell signals out there are sketchy at best so hit someone up on a cell early if you want us to wait.

No I don't know all the Byrd's trails but I know some fun places to go.  

I'll have the Blue Pig and Jeeps4Fun will have his Yota-buggy.  I think at Byrd's there's usually an alternate path for those that aren't feeling their wheaties.

There's also a cool little creek run that has some good rocks to dodge.  I think it was Scott that almost wee'd his pants all the way home after his JK springs started unloading when I was spotting him.

Hope to see you there on Sat morning for fun and fellowship.  

Folks I believe are going:

- Flexer (me)
-Jeeps4Fun
- Lunatic
- Decipticon
- JeepEng said they were going earlier, but I haven't heard back.  

--

WrenchingSeasonBlog

June 12, 2013 at 10:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CUOFFRD

I was able reschedule my work for Saturday to the 22nd so I'm in. I'm going to post this up on Facebook also. 

June 12, 2013 at 11:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

JeepEng
Ok guys , I'm border line for going Saturday. I've got hay down and not sure about the scheduling for loading and hauling. If I can make it , I will be at Waffle House pounding down some eggs and waffles !!
June 13, 2013 at 12:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ridinwitcj73

Well you guys have fun. Wish I could join you. I would enjoy a good Cass run. Take lots O Pics. 8)

June 13, 2013 at 10:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Lunatic

Phillip, I'm good with whatever.  Just thinking with folks that don't trailer, by the time they air down, pay, and sign release form, we will be close to 11 before we actually start wheeling.  We seem to always spend about 30 minutes longer than we should getting ready to wheel.  Just my 2cents worth...

--

June 13, 2013 at 1:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CUOFFRD
Even those that trailer may want to remove doors and top.
June 13, 2013 at 7:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Flexer

If you're worried about time you can always go early and sign in early.  

--

WrenchingSeasonBlog

June 13, 2013 at 7:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Lunatic

Bottom-line is we all need to be at Byrd's ready to wheel at 10:00am.  Should be a great day.

--

June 13, 2013 at 10:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CUOFFRD

Had a great time guys!

June 15, 2013 at 5:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

jeeps4fun
Good wheeling with ya'll. ready to go again already!
--

June 15, 2013 at 7:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CUOFFRD
I posted up a few videos on our Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Christian-Crawlers-4X4-Club/282991741827632
June 15, 2013 at 11:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

jeeps4fun
Thanks! Next time the "Rockwell" line is the first line :). Well, I say that now, but may not be as confident on that day!
--

June 16, 2013 at 9:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

March Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Saturday, Apr 19 All Day
Saturday, Apr 19 at 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Sunday, Apr 20 All Day