Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > Modifications > Out of commission for awhile!

CUOFFRD
Well, I was changing my rear diff fluid today when I noticed the pinion was pointing up at the rear seats. Scratching my head in awe, I gave it a quick look over and couldn't find anything wrong. I got the tools out and attempted to point it back towards the t-case. I could get it close but didn't have enough threads on my adjustable arms to get it all the way. I looked around again a little closer and noticed the paint in the large holes on each side of the diff cover were showing half bare metal and half painted. I then felt of one of the plug welds and it fell out in my hand. I've dropped it off to see about getting it fixed and have my truss welded on. Hope to have it back before Crawl for Christ! Who knew the Pentastar had so much power! LOL
June 9, 2013 at 9:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ridinwitcj73

Ouch. Sorry to hear that, I ttell ya I have to check all the bolts and fluids every time I get back from a run. I always find something that has managed to come loose,wiggle free, or sprung a leak. Of course mine has a few years on yours lol. 

June 9, 2013 at 10:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CUOFFRD
I'm just glad it didn't cause a catastrophic failure or accident. Funny thing is, I had just taken it down the interstate not 30 minutes earlier. There was absolutely no sign of an issue. I'm surprised the rear driveshaft didn't blow out. Oh well, it's the price we pay to play as hard as we do!
June 10, 2013 at 1:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

CUOFFRD
The rear is back straight and truss installed. We've got the front axle out to install the truss and gussets on it. May have it back together tomorrow night.
June 10, 2013 at 10:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Flexer

Sweet!  You want to run Cass with us Sat?

--

'94 Jeep YJ 4.0L, 35" BFGs, Atlas 2 tcase, D44 front, 14b rear, detroit front, ARB rear, 4.56 gears, Warn winch, Onboard air, some rock rash. 

WrenchingSeasonBlog

June 12, 2013 at 6:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CUOFFRD
I'm going to try. I'm scheduled to work in the afternoon around 3pm but gonna see what I can do. Also, we got the front all trussed & gussetted up and I have it back home. Going to get an alignment tomorrow to compensate for my bent tie rod bar.
June 12, 2013 at 9:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ridinwitcj73

Your "awhile" and my "awhile" are alot different time wise! lol Glad to hear you got it patched up!

June 13, 2013 at 10:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

CUOFFRD
Yeah, luckily I was able to work it into the schedule of the welder. I seriously thought it was going to be awhile.
June 13, 2013 at 9:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

April Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Thursday Apr 24 - Sunday Apr 27
Thursday May 1 - Monday May 5
Thursday May 8 - Saturday May 10