Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > Club News > Club summer fun picnic and swim

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Our trail run schedule has this scheduled for this coming Saturday July 20th so I thought I would see if there is any interest.  I talked to James and he suggested a spot on Kings River not too far for most of us.  There is a large swimmimg hole and room to spread out.  Also places to fish as well.  After the swim if some want we could scout some of the McIlroy Wildlife Management Area trails.  James says there is a really nice overlook and some cave shelters in the area as well as a visitors center that the kids might enjoy. Click HERE for a map to the general area. If you think you might go please post up so we can start planning. Click HERE for some photos of the Kings River.

July 14, 2013 at 2:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CUOFFRD

I will be unable to attend due to work schedule but Angela and the kids may be able to attend. 

July 14, 2013 at 3:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ridinwitcj73

Sounds fun my wife works saturdys tho.

--

73 CJ5 based Juggy, AMC360/TF999/D300/D44 Axles, A work in Progress!

July 15, 2013 at 10:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Lunatic

I plan to attend but might not be able to leave until around 9am due to work.  No problem metng the group in time for lunch though.

--

July 15, 2013 at 6:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Any others interested?  Hate to plan this for two folks?  Looks like the weather will be good for a nice swim!  I'm planning to take my fishing pole. Everyone would need to pack their own picnic lunch.

July 16, 2013 at 1:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Ok, so far it looks like we only have three interested.  Jeff, James, and myself.  It's a maybe for Justin and for Rich's family.  Do we still want to do this?  I guess we will make a call at our meeting tomorrow night.

July 17, 2013 at 1:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Lunatic

Alternative is day trip to Rush Springs.  This might be better with limited interest in the swim event.  We need to do some trail scouting there anyway and it is very close to home.

--

July 17, 2013 at 3:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

jeeps4fun

We would like to go.

Seems as though it'll be a small group but if its happening then we are in. 

I doubt I can do a day trip without the family.  I have Honey-do's that need to be done if we aren't picnicing as a family this time

--

July 17, 2013 at 5:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

jeeps4fun

where would the meeting spot be? and what time?

--

July 17, 2013 at 5:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Lunatic

We will discuss at the meeting tomorrow night and go from there.  I will post up final decision with meeting places for the run, whatever that might be, tomorrow night.

--

July 17, 2013 at 9:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Ok, we decided to do the club swim an picnic on Saturday and go to Rush Spring's Ranch next month.  Those that would like to go we will meet at Susie Q's in Rogers (612 N. Second St., Rogers, Arkansas) at 9:15 Saturday (7/20) we will leave for the swimmin' hole promptly at 9:30.  Should take about an hour to drive over.  James won't be able to make it so he will be emailing me directions tomorrow.  If you want to go but will need to come later let me know and I'll email you directions.

July 18, 2013 at 11:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

jeeps4fun
Had a blast and got to know a few more members better. Weather was perfect. Can't wait to get back out there with y'all
--

July 20, 2013 at 6:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

A dog wondered up as the kids were swimmimg.  He just watched for a few minutes, then decided to join in the fun!  Great dog, this dog would dive under water for a rock thrown in and retrieve it, then take it to the bank and set it down.  Check it out about half way through the video.

You need Adobe Flash Player to view this content.

July 21, 2013 at 5:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Lunatic

A quick update on "Sweetie" (aka Maggie):  We found the owners today.  They are a very nice older couple that have a place on the river just around the bend from where we were.  They were very glad to get their baby back and they have invited our club to come back to their place to swim/picnic anytime we want.  They have camping facilities and an outdoor bathroom/shower that we are welcome to use.  All things happen for a reason.  Please let all the kids know that we will see Sweetie again this summer!!

--

July 22, 2013 at 9:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

jeeps4fun

Thats awesome!!  Thanks Jeff

--

July 24, 2013 at 11:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

March Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Thursday, Apr 17 at 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Saturday, Apr 19 All Day
Sunday, Apr 20 All Day