Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > Other > Job Hunting!!

jeeps4fun

Some of you know me by now and also know that I own Lawn Rescue, a lawn maintenance company in NW Arkansas.  It was a company started to fill a void after relocating from Dallas while I was searching for employment.  It has taken off much quicker than I had anticipated, however, its a seasonal rush and the fall and winter months get rather tedious and budgeting can be tricky.

So, I'm reaching out to all of ya'll to see whay options I may be able to chase down. So below are some basics on what I'm looking for and a little about my background!  Hopefully someone on here will be able to help me out.

Lawn Rescue is a maintenance company and I mow between 35-40 properties a week, some commercial, mostly residential.  I handle all aspects of the business from advertising to sales, service to billing and repair/maintenance of the equipment.  I'm not afraid to work outside in the heat, although the Cold and I aren't all that friendly.

Prior to LR, I worked as a Contractor in my own territory for a company called Lawn Lab.  They are another arm of the "green" industry specializing in Fertilization & Weed control.  We had intentions of purchasing the first franchise, but were unable to secure the funding to do so.   My territory was North of Dallas in the Denton/Highland Village area.  We operated for 2 years and had grown the business to over 100 customers, treatments were on a 6 week schedule.  I handled the sales calls, treatments, follow-up calls, customer retention,  inventory and Sales reporting for this business.  The main office handled the billing.

I have worked for a major Automotive company as a District Service manager.  I acted as the liason between Corporate and my ~50 dealerships throughout OK, TX, AR and KS.  I worked with the dealer service managers to improve there ASE training scores, Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI) and manage their Warranty Expenses properly.

I have worked in Retail sales and management all through my career and have healthy understanding of the sales process, relationship building and customer retention.  I also did sales for a startup telecommunications company. 

My degree is in Advertising from the University of North Texas, although I would love to get into this as my career, I realize that prior experience would be exceptionally useful in this part of the country.

Ideally I would like to find long term, permanent employment with a partial office/partial outside, 8-5, M-F type of schedule.   I really enjoy working with customers or clients to build a long term relationship.

My thoughts are to work full time and manage the lawn business in off hours during the season.  But I also understand there are lots of opportunities out there that one of ya'll may be able to bring to my attention, so I'm open to suggestions. 

Please feel free to respond/message me here, or call my cell.  If you have any questions, comments or anything needs clarification please let me know!

SIncerely,

Justin Nesbitt

(214) 385-Seven Seven Zero Eight

--

July 22, 2013 at 12:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

jeeps4fun

Bump :D

--

July 24, 2013 at 10:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Hey Justin, not sure if you would be interested in anything at the UofA (Go Hogs :D)  But you might check the job postings from time to time at jobs.uark.edu

July 24, 2013 at 11:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

jeeps4fun

Do I have to act like I'm a Fan??

Seriously, I may take a look but my real reservation is the commute.  One of the perks to moving here from Dallas was to get rid of those long drives!

--

July 25, 2013 at 7:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

jeeps4fun at July 25, 2013 at 7:57 PM

Seriously, I may take a look but my real reservation is the commute.  One of the perks to moving here from Dallas was to get rid of those long drives!

Yep!  Every morning we all face the stadium and call the Hogs to start the day, learned that from Walmart :D

July 25, 2013 at 8:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Decipticon

I don't know if your interested but cox communications is always looking for sales people, or maybe cox media call me if interested 418-9595

July 25, 2013 at 9:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CUOFFRD

Trailfrog at July 25, 2013 at 8:53 PM

jeeps4fun at July 25, 2013 at 7:57 PM

Yep!  Every morning we all face the stadium and call the Hogs to start the day, learned that from Walmart :D

Hey, I resemble that statement.  LOL

July 25, 2013 at 10:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

jeeps4fun

we just dropped Cox, does that matter?!?  Just for discussion sakes, what is the difference in Cox Comm and Media?

We call the hogs too

Here piggy, here piggy......BAM!    

BACON :D

--

July 25, 2013 at 10:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

jeeps4fun

Jeff, I replied to your message, did you get it?

--

July 28, 2013 at 6:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

jeeps4fun
Do any of the CC here have a contact/connection to Outdoor Cap? I've been interested in them as a company since moving here 2 years ago. They have Product Development Coordinator position that I know I would be a good fit for. Any help would be appreciated!
--

August 5, 2013 at 11:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Don't know if this is of interest but thought I would post these links

https://jobs.uark.edu/applicants/jsp/shared/position/JobDetails_css.jsp?postingId=157449

https://jobs.uark.edu/applicants/jsp/shared/position/JobDetails_css.jsp?postingId=157072

August 16, 2013 at 5:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

April Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Thursday Apr 24 - Sunday Apr 27
Thursday May 1 - Monday May 5
Thursday May 8 - Saturday May 10