Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > Parts Wanted > Procal

11JKU
Limited Member

4WD.com doesn't carry the Procal, everywhere lists them at 159. The inner thrifty in me has me searching for a discount. It seems most JK forum/websites offer free shipping (which, honestly isn't special, I can order direct without a membership on those sites and get free shipping). Anyone know of, or can point me in a direction to shave some $ off? Thanks guys!

July 25, 2013 at 3:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CUOFFRD
Hard finding one for less than $159+ free shipping, may check Amazon. I bought mine from Northridge4x4.
July 25, 2013 at 4:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

By a used one from someone on JK-Forum or JKOwners classifieds.

July 25, 2013 at 4:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

11JKU
Limited Member

kinda what i figured. I'm leery of getting one used unless I kinda know the PO...read a few times of people getting one not set back to factory. I guess AEV can reset them, but they charge for it I believe. I'll just pony up the 'reg' price I suppose.

July 25, 2013 at 6:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

11JKU at July 25, 2013 at 6:21 PM

kinda what i figured. I'm leery of getting one used unless I kinda know the PO...read a few times of people getting one not set back to factory. I guess AEV can reset them, but they charge for it I believe. I'll just pony up the 'reg' price I suppose.

I thought Rick Terry had one at one time.

July 25, 2013 at 7:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

11JKU
Limited Member

He did, its gone. Looking see Superchips has a Flashcal for JK's they released this year, does pretty much everything the Procal does, minus..center the steering wheel? but has a screen, and is about $16 less. I may go with that one :)

July 25, 2013 at 8:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Lunatic

Be careful with all the other vendors other than Procal for 2011 and later models.  Most haven't cracked the security codes for the late models and man of their functions don't work on the 2011 and later models.  Almost none of them will help engine performance.  The Procal does function as advertised on the 2011.  

--

July 25, 2013 at 10:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

11JKU
Limited Member

Been reading over several different forum discussions on the Flashcal, and it even works on the 13's. It was one of my concerns too (it not working on 11+). Inititally I got a quote for a BUlly dog, but my, 599 is much more than I need or want to shell out when all I really need to do is correct my speedo and diable the TPMS warning light. (Flashcal has downloadable free software to do that, not built in).

July 26, 2013 at 1:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

11JKU
Limited Member

Superchips has an official flashpaq for the 2011 (ouch, 2 years?!!) I ordered one. Any have experiance with them? I opted for the tune options (vs a flashcal) see if it can up the mileage a tad while putting around town. Reading the 87 octance is about the best bang for the buck on previous model years, i'd guess it'd be the same-ish for my 11.

August 20, 2013 at 2:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

March Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Saturday, Apr 19 All Day
Saturday, Apr 19 at 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Sunday, Apr 20 All Day