Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > 4x4 Events > Back Country Adventure Oct 25-27

Trailfrog
Site Owner

JeepEng at September 4, 2013 at 12:41 AM

Hey TrailFrog , how many rigs you want to have taggin along ? I will be there for sure !!! It looks like there are 5 already !!!

I think we need to keep it under ten.  It's hard to find a camping spot if we have much more than that.  Still not sure of details but might put together a route for Thursday if anyone is interested in an extra day.  Those that want we will be camping at Woolum on Thursday night and starting from there between 9 and 10am on Friday.  Not sure where we will me camping on Friday night but might try to camp at Ozone campground on Saturday night.  Just not much in the way of campsites running this east to west. 

September 10, 2013 at 11:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

JeepEng
Are you bringing the trailer again ? Or are you flyin solo inside your rig ? Just curious. I'll be in my lil tent like always. I may try and start on Thursday with y'all.
September 11, 2013 at 11:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

JeepEng
Also , don't know if you realized ...... This is also the weekend of Rocktoberfest. But that's fine with me. !!! I'd rather be out away from the crowds !!!
September 11, 2013 at 11:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

STEVEN B

It will depend when and where we start on Thursday if I can make it on that day. It will be a long drive for me. I am planning on Friday for sure. I have a question, and I’m sure I will have more as it gets closer. Will we staying at any campgrounds where we can take a shower?

September 12, 2013 at 10:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

STEVEN B at September 12, 2013 at 10:11 PM

It will depend when and where we start on Thursday if I can make it on that day. It will be a long drive for me. I am planning on Friday for sure. I have a question, and I’m sure I will have more as it gets closer. Will we staying at any campgrounds where we can take a shower?

No, most likely not.  Bring some wet wipes, they do pretty good for a waterless shower. 

September 12, 2013 at 10:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

STEVEN B

Ok, I'll see about making provisions while we are close to Clarksville if I need. I have 2 younger boys that need a fire hose sometimes and my wife is pretty country but she doesn't like going that long without washing her hair. I don't want to mess up the event for anyone so I'll see about running into Clarksville at the end of the day or something if we need to. 

September 13, 2013 at 7:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

JeepEng
Steven , sounds like you need to invest in an on board shower system !!! Cheaper than motel rooms !!! And you could buy a water fire extinguisher for the boys :)
September 13, 2013 at 4:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

STEVEN B

You have done it now. My wife already started looking. ha ha. Really tho that is a good idea. I had forgotten about those. I'll look into that. Anyone on here use any kits or make their own before? 

September 14, 2013 at 1:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Check www.expeditionportal.com they have all kinds of posts about this.  I'm thinking about this unit Mr Heater Shower it's pricey but I like that it's portable and I can use it at home as well to bath the dogs. Also works for washing dishes while camping.

September 14, 2013 at 1:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

JeepEng
Randy , your burritos don't dirty dishes !!!!!
September 14, 2013 at 6:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

For those that didn't go last year click HERE for a trip report about last years trip.  This year we will be running much the same route except from east to west and will be making some changes. 

--

May neither drought nor rain nor blizzard disturb the joy juice in your gizzard! And may you camp where wind won’t hit you, where snakes won’t bite and bears won’t get you.   - Anonymous

September 22, 2013 at 9:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

Sweet!  You still planning on doing some driving on Thursday too?

September 22, 2013 at 10:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

arveetek at September 22, 2013 at 10:12 PM

Yep, just have to get with James and come up with a route that will get us to Woolum Thursday night.  What time do you want to start on Thursday?

--

May neither drought nor rain nor blizzard disturb the joy juice in your gizzard! And may you camp where wind won’t hit you, where snakes won’t bite and bears won’t get you.   - Anonymous

September 22, 2013 at 11:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

Trailfrog at September 22, 2013 at 11:09 PM

arveetek at September 22, 2013 at 10:12 PM

Yep, just have to get with James and come up with a route that will get us to Woolum Thursday night.  What time do you want to start on Thursday?

Not 100% sure yet... will keep you posted.  I will have to drive down from Missouri Thursday morning....

Casey

September 23, 2013 at 8:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

I'm thinking of possibly bringing my daughter, so that's why I'm trying to figure out when I can leave...

Anyone else bringing kids?  My daughter is 6.

September 23, 2013 at 9:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

STEVEN B

My wife and two sons will be going.  The boys are 11 and 8 years old.

September 23, 2013 at 10:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

Getting excited for our trip!

Looking at the trail map, if we don't reach Ozone until Saturday evening, will we not hit the swinging bridge or Oark Cafe until Sunday?  I was hoping to show my daughter these sights, but we'll have to head home Saturday evening.

Casey

--

95 Chevy Tahoe 2 door, 6.5L turbodiesel, 285/75R16 Kenda Klever M/T's on Toyota steelies, some other goodies.  Overlanding Fun

October 2, 2013 at 11:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

JeepEng
Hey Randy , see if James can route you guys thru Jasper and go see the Glory Hole on Thursday !! There are a lot of cool places around that area and I think you'd enjoy the drive !!
--
October 3, 2013 at 12:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

JeepEng
Also , is anyone else tent camping for this one ??
--
October 3, 2013 at 12:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

STEVEN B
We will be tent camping. do you guys get around early in the morning and head out or enjoy a cup of coffee before getting started for the day?
October 3, 2013 at 9:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

March Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Thursday, Apr 17 at 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Saturday, Apr 19 All Day
Saturday, Apr 19 at 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM