Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > 4x4 Events > Back Country Adventure Oct 25-27

JeepEng
Sounds great Randy !!!! I can bring whatever
October 17, 2013 at 8:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Weather is looking great for the trip so far!

October 17, 2013 at 11:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

I like the burrito idea as well!  I can bring refried beans and chips.

Casey

October 18, 2013 at 8:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

STEVEN B

My wife said she can make a medium/large pot of taco soup.  She can prepare it ahead of time and then we can heat it over a fire with our dutch oven.  That would go well with the burritos.  We can bring some homemade salsa, too, since we're still getting a few tomatoes from our garden.  Cornbread might be something easy to try making in a dutch oven to go with the soup if someone wants to bring fixings for that and another dutch oven. 

October 18, 2013 at 5:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

I'll bring the meat for the buritto's.  Anyone have a chainsaw they can bring?  Probably be good to have two so we have a backup just in case. I hope to get with James tomorrow night to finalize the route and set the meeting spot.  Hope the leaves change a lot this week, so far not much color :(

October 20, 2013 at 4:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

JeepEng
I'll be bringing my chainsaw and the soft burritos shells
October 20, 2013 at 7:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

STEVEN B

I have a question. Since the route got changed around are we going to be at the swinging bridge Thursday or Friday?

I have a chain saw but not sure what i have room for yet.

Also i have a small grill in the trailer anyone is welcome to use.

October 20, 2013 at 8:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

STEVEN B at October 20, 2013 at 8:35 PM

I have a question. Since the route got changed around are we going to be at the swinging bridge Thursday or Friday?

I have a chain saw but not sure what i have room for yet.

Also i have a small grill in the trailer anyone is welcome to use.

Sorry guys that I haven't finalized the route yet, trying to make it work for everyone.  I will have the details posted tomorrow night.

October 20, 2013 at 9:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

STEVEN B

Thats ok Randy. No big deal. You are doing a great job, and thanks for helping put this together. 

October 21, 2013 at 8:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

JeepEng
X2 !!
October 21, 2013 at 5:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Ok, I've decided to stick to the original plan of running this route from east to west.  After looking at the route again I think we can make it to Oark by early afternoon on Saturday.  Casey will need to head back Saturday evening so this should allow him to see the swinging bridge and Oark General Store before he has to head back.

For those that want to start on Thursday we will meet in Alpena at the gas station (Shell I think) at the intersection of hwy 62 and 412 at 12:00 noon.  We will camp at Woolum campground on Thursday night.  For those that want to meet on Friday morning we will meet at the Woolum campground at 9:00am.  I know this might be a little early for some depending on where you're coming from.  Let me know if this will be a problem for anyone.  With it being hunting season we will just have to see what camping is available.  If the primitive sites are all full we might end up at Haw Creek Falls campground (vault toilets only) on Friday night and will probably end up at Redding Campground (showers) on Saturday night.  Both of these are pay sites but two can share a site.  Haw Creek is $4/site and Redding is $10/site. 

We will decide Saturday night what route we want to do on Sunday but will plan to finish between noon and 2pm on Sunday.  If you like to fish you might throw a pole in just in case. 

October 21, 2013 at 8:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

JeepEng
Sounds like a plan !!! See ya at Woolum :)
October 21, 2013 at 9:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

STEVEN B

Sounds good to us.  We will just plan to meet at Woolum on Thursday evening.

October 21, 2013 at 9:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

STEVEN B

Are we having the group dinner on Friday evening?

October 21, 2013 at 10:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

STEVEN B at October 21, 2013 at 10:00 PM

Are we having the group dinner on Friday evening?

I was thinking Friday night that way if there are left overs we could have them on Saturday night, plus Casey won't be there Saturday night.

October 21, 2013 at 10:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

JeepEng
Do we have a total head count ?
October 21, 2013 at 11:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

Sounds great!  And thanks for thinking of me (dinner Friday and Oark Saturday).

The leaves are starting to change color up here now....  Gonna be some chilly nights as well!

Thanks again Randy!  I'll meet you at Alpena at noon on Thursday.

Casey

--

95 Chevy Tahoe 2 door, 6.5L turbodiesel, 285/75R16 Kenda Klever M/T's on Toyota steelies, some other goodies.  Overlanding Fun

October 22, 2013 at 8:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

Randy,

Will we be heading to Harrison from Alpena?  Or will we be on back roads from there?

I'm trying to plan my fuel fills.  Diesel isn't available just anywhere.  I may need to top off in Berryville, since I don't think Alpena has diesel fuel.

Casey

October 22, 2013 at 10:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

JeepEng
Alpena does have diesel and usually cheaper than Harrison at the new station on the east end.
October 22, 2013 at 11:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

JeepEng at October 22, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Alpena does have diesel and usually cheaper than Harrison at the new station on the east end.

Great!  Thanks!

October 22, 2013 at 12:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

March Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Sunday, Apr 20 All Day
Thursday Apr 24 - Sunday Apr 27
Thursday May 1 - Monday May 5