Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > Non 4x4 Adventure > Route 66 Cruise Day

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Route 66 was stamped on the American public's consciousness in 1926.   that was the year the fabled highway was christened.  Through the decades this remarkable road has been celebrated in song and literature.  Route 66 became an excape route for the dust bowl pilgrims,  a through-fare for troop convoys bound for war, and the most popular highway in the country for droves of tourists.

A ribbon that tied the nation together, Route 66 concrete and asphalt pavement snaked across eight states.  It was known as America's Main Street.

Route 66 is not for everybody.  It is not for people in a hurry... Or for people used to homogenized food and drink...  Or for people that shy away from anything old-fashioned.

Route 66 is for people willing to sample chili from a stranger's pot... Or for people that like to slurp root beer floats from a frosty mug...  Or people that are willing to tackle a burger that requires at least a dozen napkins to sop up the grease.

Route 66 is for people that will always be suckers for neon lights and home cooked meals.

Anyone interested in cruising a stretch of oul Route 66 maybe from Joplin, MO to Tulsa, OK.?  Here are a few links to some guides:

http://www.christiancrawlers4x4.com/Route%2066/11tg0-8.pdf

http://www.christiancrawlers4x4.com/Route%2066/11tg9-18.pdf

August 16, 2013 at 11:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

JeepEng
You bet !!! I say find a small diner at the beginning of the route and have breakfast there. Then pack a lunch and grab a pit stop along the way. Then try and end up at a drive in movie for the evening !! Sounds cool !
August 17, 2013 at 12:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

Sounds like fun!

August 17, 2013 at 9:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

March Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Saturday, Apr 19 All Day
Saturday, Apr 19 at 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Sunday, Apr 20 All Day