Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club

Who's Your Spotter?

Club Forum

Forum Home > Crawl 4 Christ - questions > Date for Crawl 4 Christ 2010

Trailfrog
Site Owner

We disscussed possible dates at this years event and are thinking about June 25-27 2010.  I know a lot can happen in a year but I would like to get a date set.  Since our club will be hosting next years event, what does everyone think about this date.  The weekend before is Fathers Day weekend.   

July 5, 2009 at 7:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

stano
Limited Member

When does the 4th fall?  (I know...after the trird...)  I mean what day of the week, would we get a better turn out w/ a longer holiday w/e.  I don't care either way, just wondering about the folks who would have farher to travel.

--

1990 YJ......... almost stock

July 5, 2009 at 10:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

The fourth falls on a Sunday next year but I think SMORR is having a big event that weekend plus alot of people have family events so we thought we would try another date?

July 6, 2009 at 9:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

Well, at this point it looks like I'm scheduled to work that weekend.

The following weekend is the 4th weekend, and I'm sure lots of folks will be busy with other plans.

Casey

--

95 Chevy Tahoe 2 door, 6.5L turbodiesel, 285/75R16 Kenda Klever M/T's on Toyota steelies, some other goodies.  Overlanding Fun

July 6, 2009 at 9:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Casey, are you saying that since the folowing weekend is the fourth that we might not get as good a turnout the weekend before?

July 6, 2009 at 9:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

No, I'm just agreeing with you that the weekend of the 4th probably wouldn't work either, since lots of folks have plans with family.  :)

The weekend before (25-27) would probably work really well, except that I'll probably have to work!

Do you think Father's Day weekend would be a bad choice?

Casey

--

95 Chevy Tahoe 2 door, 6.5L turbodiesel, 285/75R16 Kenda Klever M/T's on Toyota steelies, some other goodies.  Overlanding Fun

July 6, 2009 at 9:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

I think SMORR has another event scheduled Father's Day weekend.  The other weekend in June that's available is June 11-13.  Someone suggested that that might me too close to the end of school for those with kids although the weather would be cooler.

July 6, 2009 at 9:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Here are the dates that Brandon gave me that were available as of June 23rd:

JUNE 11TH -13TH,

JUNE 25-27TH,

JULY 9TH-11TH,

JULY 23RD-24TH,

AUGUST 13TH-15TH,

AUGUST 27TH-29TH.

We could just post a poll (either on our site or UCORA) and see what response we get.

July 6, 2009 at 10:01 AM Flag Quote & Reply

CW4x4Him
Limited Member
How about labor day weekend next year? (first weekend of september) If a June date doesn't work, the weather might be better than middle of July/August heat... .02
--

"Its life or death now. Make your choice.  Who's side are you on?"

July 6, 2009 at 10:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

If families are traveling they would have to take kids out of school by that time.

July 6, 2009 at 11:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

CW4x4Him
Limited Member
yep, didn't think of that. Poor kids barely get a summer break anymore...
--

"Its life or death now. Make your choice.  Who's side are you on?"

July 6, 2009 at 12:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

Trailfrog at 10:01AM on Jul 06, 2009

Here are the dates that Brandon gave me that were available as of June 23rd:

JUNE 11TH -13TH,

JUNE 25-27TH,

JULY 9TH-11TH,

JULY 23RD-24TH,

AUGUST 13TH-15TH,

AUGUST 27TH-29TH.

We could just post a poll (either on our site or UCORA) and see what response we get.

As of today, the only dates listed I would have available are the ones in August.  All the others are my scheduled weekends to work.  :(

Casey

July 6, 2009 at 12:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mayonnaise
Limited Member

I am pretty flexible, but school might be started for the late August dates. I think a poll might be a good idea.

--

July 6, 2009 at 3:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

vbtj
Limited Member

I'm on the same schedule as arveetek so August is also the only ones I'm off for next year , but I can miss a couple days if I have to.

--

Rock Solid Fabworks    479-414-1246

Specializing in one-off fabrication with in house CNC plasma cutting.

July 6, 2009 at 9:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

arveetek

vbtj at 09:00PM on Jul 06, 2009

I'm on the same schedule as arveetek so August is also the only ones I'm off for next year , but I can miss a couple days if I have to.

Yeah, after thinking about it, I'm sure I can take some vacation time.  August is just way too hot to go wheeling.  I'd rather plan for early June if possible.

Casey

July 7, 2009 at 10:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

POWERD BY CHRIST
Limited Member

This is not an opinion because I'm just a sideline member but I had a couple of thoughts.  I saw a lot of comments regarding holding this over the 4th because so many people have other family commitments.  Our local club set up something for SMORR and had the same problem.  A year in advance should be time for most people to schedule.  Early June sounds great with cooler weather (hopefully).  The Green County Camp was nice because we had a place with A/C to meet and talk.  SMORR has a nice covered area but no A/C and those late June/July temps in the upper 90's could be pretty hot and keep people from fellowshiping and meeting each other.   If the 11th-13th worked out a couple of air movers might work great.

July 7, 2009 at 4:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

stano
Limited Member

I'm down w/  june, might save us a few degrees on the ol' thermometer.  I didn't think about which w/e's would be open at smorr. 

--

1990 YJ......... almost stock

July 7, 2009 at 10:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trailfrog
Site Owner

Ok here's the official announcement!  The date has been set.  Check out this link for more information:

Crawl 4 Christ 2010 Announcement

July 24, 2009 at 7:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

leftlanetruckin
Limited Member

Randy and others,

Not to butt in, but is it an open event?

In other words, would me and the family be welcome? If not I perfectly understand, as club events aren't really club events if the rest of the world turns up:dry:

Martin

--

1998 XJ on 37's. JK Rubicon axles, hydro assist. 4:1 transfer case.

July 24, 2009 at 10:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

POWERD BY CHRIST
Limited Member

Leftlanetruckin, I'm an outsider from Memphis and I linked up with these guys online and have been to SMORR once and C4Christ.  Anyone and everyone's welcome!  Wish I lived closer, these are a great group of Christians and dedicated wheelers!!!!

July 24, 2009 at 10:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

Psalms 40:2

Banner Photo

Great turnout for the first club run of the year at Rush Springs Ranch.  See our FB page for more pictures HERE

Club Charity

Click HERE to make a donation

March Issue

Check it out at C4x4.com!

Great Buy!

click image to enlarge

Great idea!  I just ordered one.  Click HERE for more info

Check it Out!

Upcoming Events

Thursday, Apr 17 at 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Saturday, Apr 19 All Day
Saturday, Apr 19 at 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM